~ 23 ~

As I got home, I changed into something better and touched up my face a bit before going out.

According to Mustapha, he was waiting outside.

What I didn't expect was to find him outside playing with Yusuf.

It was a heart-warming sight. They literally looked like father and son...

I shook my head in an attempt to shake off that weird thought.

"Hey!" I called out as I approached them.

"Oh hey, Karimah. Should we get going now?" Mustapha asked.

It took everything in me not to reply with: 'Nooo, let's just go inside.'

Instead, I replied with a small nod.

"Toh Yusuf, we'll see again InshaAllah koh?" He said to my brother.

Yusuf nodded with a beam, "Yes."

With that, I followed him into his luxurious black Mercedes Benz.

I could really get used to this. My silly subconscious said.

I only sighed as I looked out the window.

"What's wrong?" Mustapha asked.

I turned to him, "Nothing."

"I don't like the fact that you're still not comfortable around me." He told me.

Did I even say that?

"Mustapha, it's not that I'm not comfortable around you. There's something else on my mind at the moment but I'll be fine so don't worry about me." I said.

He chuckled, "I'm not worried. We're going to somewhere that'll lighten your day anyway."

A smile appeared on my face, "I don't like surprises, tell me where."

He laughed, "I'm sorry. It's a surprise."

I rolled my eyes and just decided to wait and see for myself.

My phone pinged and I glanced at the text I just received from Amir.

Amir: Where are you? You left the hospital without telling me.

Me: Sorry. I'm out with a friend. Don't worry about me.

It took a while before he replied.

Amir: Okay. Have a nice day.

Me: Thanks, same to you.

I released a sigh and shoved my phone into my purse before turning my head to look out the window once again.

This time, we were pulling into a parking lot.

"Oh, we're here." I muttered.

"Yes." Mustapha said as he stopped the car. I unfastened my seatbelt and got out of the car.

"Welcome to Magicland." He announced as we approached the entrance.

An amusement park. Oh wow.

"What a wonderful surprise." I giggled.

"The place isn't so crowded today so we're in lock." He told me as we got inside after paying at the gate.

"First stop, the first roller coaster." He pointed towards a funny looking rollercoaster.

This guy is ridiculous.

"Let's go buy some tickets first."

I followed behind him as we went to the ticket stand. We bought enough tickets before heading back to the rollercoaster.

"I'll advise you to enter with me than seperately." He cautioned as I got into a ride on my own.

"Why?" I asked.

He shrugged, "Nevermind."

He got into the ride behind me and I smiled excitedly as I held on to the seat in anticipation.

Then the ride begun.

Oh God...was I scared...

It was going slowly at first, going higher, then it was at the top and it took a pause, before I knew it, it went down in a swift motion and kept going at the same speed.

I couldn't hold back my screams and I knew well that I sounded so weird.

The craziest part was that Mustapha was screaming too!

Then it came to a stop and we both calmed down not stepping out just yet.

I heard footsteps and Mustapha soon appeared in front of me with a grin, "Karimah, how far?"

He was teasing me.

I hissed with an eye roll before stepping out of the ride.

I walked away and picked up my pace as I heard him coming after me.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, "Hey, I'm sorry for not getting in with you. That was why you were scared right?"

"Yes but you should've warned me further. I feel like I'll collapse any second from now." I complained in a whiny voice.

Not too long after I stopped talking, I noticedd that he was staring at me in a very...weird way. No, affectionate way.

His next move puzzled me even more. He just pulled me into a warm hug.

His warmth enveloped protectively and I felt my muscles loosen up as I hugged him back, subconsciously sniffing in his scent.

Then we pulled away.

For some reason, I felt better. Maybe that was all I needed.

"Let's go to the bumper cars." He said to me as he held my hand and walked towards the place with me.

Some people were already present so we had to wait for a while before going in.

It was really fun. I was enjoying bumping into his car on purpose.

Indeed, this outing made me feel better and I found myself laughing the entire time at the jokes he made or just when we got on the rides.

We were currently seated on a bench and eating cotton candy while we chatted.

"Mustapha. How many siblings do you have?" I asked him the question that had been on my mind for a while.

"Um...just my step sister, Khadija who just got married. No one else." He answered.

"Oh, do you guys get along well?"

"We don't have that sister-brother bond if that's what you're asking but at the same time, we're not on bad terms. We're just okay." He explained.

I nodded deciding I had asked enough.

"It's just you and Yusuf too?" He also asked.

"Yes. We get along quite well." I said.

"That's good. He must be lucky to have such a kind and beautiful sister." He said.

I smiled as a response, or blushed...I'd rather not specify.

Then we were staring again.

What were we supposed to do this time?

Well, it's definitely not supposed to be a hug. My subconscious mind clarified.

He was leaning in...

And then our lips finally came in contact.