~ 26 ~

"Hey, come to the hospital with Amir. Taheer finally woke up." Khalil said on the phone.

I smiled hearing that, "Alhamdulillah. We'll be there soon."

I hung up and grabbed my purse along with my phone before rushing over to Amir's room.

"Amir, Taheer woke up. Let's go visit him." I said to him as I barged in.

He scowled at me, "Babe, let's meet at the hospital. Taheer just woke up."

I smirked, "Ah Ah, Sanu lover boy. Sorry for interrupting oh, it's just that this is urgent."

You guessed it, Taheer and Salma are finally dating. I'm happy for them, no cap.

"When will you stop doing that? It's getting really annoying, Karimah." He sighed.

"Ah don't start vexing oh, I'm just messing with you." I joked.

He still held his frown and I nudged him playfully, "I said it was just a joke now, stop frowning. You'll get wrinkles and Salma will stop liking you oh."

He kept frowning until I made a funny face that made him burst out laughing.

"That's my cous!" I laughed with him.

Amir was different now and I liked the new him. He was now social and fun.

Salma must be the best thing that has happened to him in a while.

The grumpy Amir of before was long gone.

"Let's go." He said still chuckling as we walked downstairs.

Suddenly, Yusuf appeared in front of us holding up his hand.

"No. You're going out with me today or else we'll stay home together." He demanded.

Amir immediately carried the boy and walked outside with him.

I shrugged and peeked into the living room for my mother. She was there watching TV.

"Ummi, sanu da gida. Me and Amir are going out with Yusuf. I hope you don't mind." I asked for her permission.

She nodded understandingly, "Ba damuwa. You can go, just don't stay out for too long."

"Toh Ummi." I responded before leaving.

I went into the passenger's seat of the car and fastened my seatbelt before turning to the backseat to catch a glimpse of my baby brother.

"We're going to the hospital for now but we can go to the amusement park afterwards, okay?" I said to him.

He beamed with joy, "Okay!"

Oh, this kid is adorable.

I poked his nose with a smile before turning around and facing my front again.

"Karimah." Amir called out.

I faced him, "Hm?"

"You and Salma should not forget to tell Halimah about Taheer." He said.

I nodded, "We'll tell her tomorrow."

The ride went on in silence and we arrived at the hospital in little time.

Just like once before, we met with Salma upon arrival and we went in at the same time.

And again, Khalil was in the hospital room before us.

With Taheer's parents.

Khalil immediately approached us and whispered, "They're planning on taking him to the rehab."