Chapter 10

Barty frowned when he saw Bellatrix in the library looking serious and searching for something. He knows that she is planning something and narrowed his eyes at her. She was slowly getting irritated as she searched through the aisles but didn't find what she wants. He knows better than to assume that she is just searching for some book to read in free time. He saw her leave the library so frustrated.

"Barty-" He jumped when someone called him and placed a hand on his heart which was pounding hard. He looked at Rabastan wide-eyed. He was so concentrated on Bellatrix that he didn't hear him coming. He was a lot jumpy after Azkaban and being a prisoner by his own father.

"I'm sorry. Are you fine? What happened?" Rabastan asked concerned and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"No, it's not your fault. I- It's just Bellatrix was searching for something. She was not able to find what she wanted, she was so frustrated. I was just wondering what and why she was searching a book? I don't have a good feeling about this." Barty said to him.

"You are thinking too much Barty. Bellatrix gets frustrated for every small thing. You can't know what she is thinking or why she is doing something. Don't think too much." Rabastan said to him smiling a little.

"No, Rab. She is planning something." Barty said firmly.

"She can't do anything with the dark lord here Barty." Rabastan circled his arms around Barty pulling him closer.

"What if she does something under his nose?" Barty said to him.

"The dark lord knows everything Barty. If she tries to do something in his manor, he will know it instantly. He will kill her if he thinks she is harming someone he thinks as his loyal follower." Rabastan said calmly.

"Bellatrix is his loyal too." Barty pointed out.

"No, not anymore. She is too insane for her to be any useful to him or to call her as his loyal. He is just keeping her around as he thinks she might be of any use in future but lately she is proving it otherwise. She is just one step away from getting tortured to death by the dark lord." Rabastan said to him.

"What if she succeeds in her whatever plan she has before the dark lord can stop her." Barty frowned concerned.

"You are worrying too much." Rabastan said shaking his head.

"We should just go to the dark lord and-" Barty was cut off by a pair of lips on his own. He was so shocked to react as this was the first time Rabastan and he kissed after so long.

Barty just forgot everything about Bellatrix as he deepened the kiss. He placed his arms around Rabastan's neck pulling Rabastan even closer to him. He missed this so much. It's not like he blames Rabastan for this. They were away for so long that they were waiting for the other to make the first move. Rabastan finally pulled away when air became a problem.

"Not that I'm complaining. But what was that for?" Barty asked breath less.

"You were being so worried for nothing and the only way to stop you was this." Rabastan said smirking. Barty rolled his eyes but leaned in when Rabastan kissed him again but they jumped apart when someone cleared their throat.

"Sorry to disturb love birds." Sirius said looking amused. "I just wanted to see you one last time before I leave. I'm going directly to my house after the trial."

"What?" Rabastan exclaimed. "So soon?"

"I said I'm leaving didn't I?" Sirius asked.

"But I thought it was not today. I mean, the house is not a good place to live as you said last night." Rabastan said to him.