Chapter 17

Rabastan and Barty when they flooed to Grimmauld Place.....

"What happened?" Rabastan asked Barty as soon as he flooed making Barty jump in surprise. He didn't expect Rabastan to come here following him. He wanted some alone time to think about so many things and also about Bellatrix. 

"Leave me alone." Barty said to him. "Just leave, Rabastan."

"What's wrong, Barty? Why are you angry at me all of a sudden? Did I do something wrong? Was last night too much? I won't do anything again if you don't want it. You should've stopped me if you were feeling uncomfortable. I won't force you, you know that right?" Rabastan was so anxious. He didn't want to lose Barty. 

"I don't want to talk to you, Rabastan." Barty didn't turn back to look at him and stood there with clenched fists. 

"Please, Barty." Rabastan stretched his arms to touch, but didn't know how Barty is going to react to his touch. "You said it yourself about how Dolph is suffering because Sirius won't talk to him and won't even tell him why. Then, don't you think what you are doing is unfair to me?"

"Rabastan, I try to talk to you about something, but you always brush it off. Every. Single. Time." Barty gritted his teeth angrily. "So why should I even bother anymore?"

"What? What are you talking about- Is it about Bellatrix? Oh, Barty.." Rabastan sighed and hugged him from back. "I know you are worried about what she is planning, but-"

"See, you still don't want to talk about it. I don't want to talk to you, Rabastan. Just leave." Barty tried to remove the hands around him, but Rabastan didn't let go. Rabastan buried his face in Barty's neck and sighed again.

"I'm just saying that she is not worthy of our time, Barty." Rabastan said to him.

"Rabastan, she is reading a book on poisons." Barty exclaimed. "Don't you think she is planning to brew one and give it to Sirius? Are you not worried about him?"

"Love, Sirius wears a ring that detects the poison-" "There are poisons that can pass the simple detections of those old rings, idiot." Barty snapped.

"The dark lord-" "can't manage all things by himself. Even if he is our lord and immortal, he is still a human at the end of the day. There are so many things on his plate at the moment. I'm not looking down at our lord or anything. I still give him the same respect as when I joined him. If not even more for surviving, coming back after being dead."

"Basti, he is planning to take over the Wizarding World, he just can't bother with Bellatrix all the time. He has to make sure that Dumbledore is not spoiling his plans. He has to manage Fudge. He has to make sure Umbridge is punished for what she is doing to children. He has to manage  some fucking idiot death eaters who think they are superior to others and even start to question their lord. He has so many more things, Basti." Barty turned around in his arms and cupped his face. 

"Just because he is capable, doesn't mean we should just leave everything to him and relax. Why can't we do what we can and reduce his burden, even if it just a little? Why can't we try to help him like Sirius? Sirius is doing so much to help the dark lord. He even planned so many things to help him. I'm not saying, he can't do it. I damn well know that he is very capable of handling everything, but why should he? Why should he do it all alone?" Barty asked and Rabastan didn't know what to say for a few moments. 

"Barty...." Rabastan kissed him lightly and leaned his forehead on Barty's. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too." Barty said to him. "I shouldn't have just ignored you and came here like that. It's just when my dad brought me back from Azkaban, he used to ignore me too. I just can't take it."