Chapter 20

"Heir Potter. I'm surprised that you would ask me to be your legal attorney for Potter family till you come off age." Romulus said not showing his surprised expression on his face as he sat opposite Harry in a private meeting room at Gringotts. It was just two days ago that Rodolphus told him about this kid and today he is meeting him face to face. He knew this kid made a lot of wrong choices but he can't be blamed entirely for a lot of it. Also, he realized his mistakes now and is willing to correct his behavior. 

"Lord Lestrange, I don't know if you are a death eater or not. I don't care it either." Harry said a bit nervous. "My account manager said you are best."

"I'm honored to be labelled as best by Goblins." Romulus said to him. "I think we are going to spend a lot of time together from now, aren't we?" 

"Yes." Harry nodded his head. 

"It would be better if we address each other on our first name basis." Romulus said to him and Harry nodded his head. "I need to know everything about you and Potter family members who are still alive right now before I can be your attorney. You shouldn't lie to me about anything. Be honest and tell me everything. It will help if something happens suddenly." 

"Of course." Harry nodded his head sincerely. 

"So, let's start from the beginning. Tell me everything you know about Potter family's happenings after your father died." Romulus said in a strictly business tone. "Also, you can rest assured that Gringotts made sure I swore on my magic to not betray you or Potter family." 

"I know." Harry said to him.

"That's good." Romulus felt this child is too pitiful and softened his features lightly so as to not scare him. 

"After dad died, mum became the head of the house. But she is a muggleborn. So, the family magics won't accept her. So, she must've pretended to be the head all these years. I read it in the Potter Grimoire that even thought we are not blood supremacists, Potters don't like how muggle borns want to change the wizarding world and didn't want their family traditions to be gone haywire and made sure muggle borns can't be head of our house." Harry said to him and Romulus nodded. Many pureblood families did the same thing for the same reason but those muggleborns think that they are trying to look down at them. 

"I knew it recently and checked with the Goblins, they said I was right and Potter family doesn't have any current head of house as of right now. I can't be the head as I'm still minor and need a legal attorney till I'm off age if I take the lordship title right now. They even said that even though mum is a muggleborn she can be my legal attorney if I wished. But I don't trust her to be loyal to Potter house or me." Harry hesitated and Romulus raised an eyebrow at Harry in silent question. 

"Why is that Harry?" Romulus asked when Harry fiddled with his fingers and stayed quiet. 

"She lied to me from so long. She always lies about everything and I don't know if she even sees me as her son or just a trophy. I think she only shows her love and affection to me because I'm the so-called boy-who-lived. I'm starting to doubt if that is even real or not. I'm not that powerful to defeat you-know-who. I know I'm not. All this time. I was just lucky to not die in his hands as he wasn't as powerful." Harry said and Romulus nodded. This kid sure has brain to come to that conclusion. 

"Also, she is a thief and abusive woman. She stole Isadore from her parents and abused her all this while. I was mean to my sister too. I'm not a good brother. But I'm trying to be a good one though." Harry said seriously and Romulus nodded feeling happy that his granddaughter doesn't have to worry too much anymore. This young kid is going to make sure she is not troubled by the order members anymore.