Chapter 31

"This plan still has flaws, Dolph. Harry is with us and Dumbledore would surely suspect foul play in this. I know I'm the one who suggested with this one, but I have this weird feeling." Sirius rambled while he sat on the bed with his legs folded under him and facing Rodolphus who was lying on the bed with his arms under his head. 

"I just want my daughter away from him, Siri. I don't care if Dumbledore suspects anything. I want her safe. Let's think about everything else later." Rodolphus said opening his eyes and looked at Sirius. "Don't think too much and spoil your health. Let's just not tell Dora about it so that it would be a surprise even for her. That way, we can damage control most of the suspicions."

"Are you sure?" Sirius bit his worriedly. "I just don't want Dumbledore to-" 

"What happened?" Rodolphus asked when Sirius stopped suddenly. "Is something wrong?"

"What if the plan goes to Dumbledore through some lowly death eater?" Sirius asked sitting straighter. "We can't attack on Hogsmeade without others. We don't even know whom to trust in the first place. What are we going to do?"

"Lucius and Rabastan are with the dark lord planning the exact thing, Siri. They know what to do." Rodolphus tried to calm him down. 

"But, what if-" "No, what ifs." Rodolphus pulled his hand making him fall on top of him. "Lie down for a while and rest."

"Doooolphhhh." Sirius whined like a baby. "I'm scared about our daughter."

"There's nothing to be scared of, darling." Rodolphus kissed the top of his head making him melt into his arms slightly. "I know Dumbledore is planning to use her for a ritual because of her Black blood and I just want to rip him apart for even thinking of hurting Dora. But, I also know that Dumbledore has more power now. We can't do anything to him now. We will execute the plans you suggested, one by one, before taking our revenge on him completely. I don't want to lose you again because we can't control ourselves to end the old fool's life."

"I don't want to lose you too." Sirius mumbled into his chest feeling sleepy all of a sudden as Rodolphus ran his fingers through Sirius' hair. 

"Sleep, my love. I'll wake you up when it's time to eat. We can talk to Harry while eating." Rodolphus said to him and Sirius mumbled an ok already falling asleep. "I wish we stay like this forever, Siri. I don't want to see you sad or hurt again." 

Rodolphus closed his eyes and was about to fall asleep when he heard a crash, almost inaudible from the room beside. Rodolphus wanted to keep an eye on Sirius and placed a half hearing charm to hear if Sirius is in any pain or any other loud sound that indicate Sirius isn't well. He looked down at Sirius who was deep in sleep and moved him to the side and got up from the bed. 

"Harry?" Rodolphus knocked on the door and waited for him to open. He didn't have to wait for long as Harry opened within a moment looking at him with big eyes. 

"I didn't mean to. I swear. It just slipped from my hand. I'm so sorry." Harry started apologizing before Rodolphus can even ask anything. He looked into the room and saw that the muggle photo frame of James, Sirius and Remus is on the floor and the glass frame is broken into pieces. 

"It's fine, Harry. Sirius will just buy a new one. Are you hurt anywhere? Did the glass-" "I'm fine, fine." Harry hurriedly said making Rodolphus look at him for a moment longer before nodding his head. 

"Just be careful, I'll ask an elf to clean the glass. Don't touch it. You can get hurt." Rodolphus said ruffling his hair before going back to his room. He didn't believe it when Harry said he isn't hurt. Why is hiding his pain? What is he afraid of? Rodolphus' thoughts were filled of Harry as laid on the bed pulling Sirius closer to him.