You are my Sunshine

TW: THIS TALKS ABOUT DEATH!

-_-_-_-

(Sally's POV)

I hummed while I putting my clean dishes away. I smiled while Paul came up behind me and wrapped me in a hug. I couldn't help but giggle a little. He kissed my head. "Hello, darling!"

I smiled and put all my knives where they go. "Well hello handsome."

Paul waited for me to get done with my task before spinning me around. He brought the back of my hand to his mouth. He gave it a gentle kiss. He never broke our eye connect. "Would my dear queen like to dance the night away?"

I giggled. "Yes, my Knight in shining armor."

Before we could start dancing, my door slammed shut. I heard Percy yell, "Mom, I'm home!"

I could tell by the way he was talking something was wrong and so did Paul. We went to the living room, just to watch him walk into his room. I looked at Paul. I went to follow him but Paul stopped me. "Why not give him a minute? He might be upset from coming home from Camp. You know how much those kids mean to him. Not only that but Nico had to go to the underworld to help his father. Remember?"

I nodded. "I just wish He would stay all year around. I know he doesn't hate it here but he seems happier there then he does here."

I walked back over to my dishes and started to put them away again. Paul walked over and helped me. "He loves it here as much as he loves it there. I think its more of the not being there if it gets attacked or something like that."

I nodded.  I remember something. "Oh, we still have those things we bought him!" I handed him all of the clean plates to put into the cabinet. "Maybe that will cheer him up!"

Paul smiled. "Maybe. Why don't you go give it to him! Maybe that will help him."

I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Great idea."

He smiled and we hit out hips together before I walked towards our room. I stopped in front of Percy's door when I heard crying. A small frown formed on my lips. 'Our gift will help.'

I walked into our room and got the make up pin board and the camera's. I walked out of the room towards Percy's door. I went to knock when I seen a note on the door. 

"Please use our knocking pattern." It read.

I thought back to our knocking pattern that we made when Gabe was living with us. 

1 knock meant: Emergency needs in room now or need to leave now

2 knocks meant: Can we talk through the door?

3 knocks meant: Can I come in?

4: I am here if you need me.

I knocked four times and then I waited five seconds and knocked three times. Percy's crying softened til I couldn't hear it anymore. He was quiet for a minute. "You can come in."

I hid the stuff behind my back and slowly walked in. "Hi baby. Do you want the door open or shut?"

"Can you shut it please?" Percy's voice was small and full of hurt. I could tell by looking in his eyes that he had been crying.

"Sure." I shut the door. I walked over to him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I was washing my hair in my sink when some soap got into my eyes." He gave me a small weak smile. "It's okay."

"If you say so, but just know that I am always here for you if you need me." I gave him my best smile.

"Thanks Mom. Same goes here. Don't let Paul hog all of ya." Percy playfully laughed. He seen my hand behind my back. "What is behind your back?"