Chapter 2: Leaving

*Amelia's P.O.V*

After the nurse wrapped my torso up, Jon and I head to class. But before I do, I grab my biology book from my locker. Jon leans against the other lockers on the right side of mine, "So, how come I've never seen you on campus? I pretty much know everyone here." Jon asks, I smirk.

"Probably because I hid in the library, I heard that you're a troublemaker." I answer, he frowns and scratches the back of his head.

"Well.... that's actually true." He says nervously, I chuckle. "So, what grade are you in?"

"I'm a sophomore, you're a junior right?" I ask, he nods.

He walks me to class, before I walked in, he grabs my hand, making me look at him, "Umm... you... wanna hang out at lunch?" He asks, my mouth twitches, slowly forming a smile.

"No one at this school has ever asked me to hang out with them at lunch, sure" I answer, he smirks.

"Meet me at the football field, then we can walk from there." he says, then walks off, leaving me confused.

~Lunch~

I walk to the football field, where Jon was waiting, "Ready?" He asks, I nod.

We sneak out through a large hole in the fence, then walk the trail to the city. We sit on a patch of grass, just talking. "Do you like wrestling?" I ask, he looks at me and his eyes twinkle with excitement.

"Are you talking about high school wrestling or pro wrestling?" He asks, I shrug.

"Whatever you prefer... I honestly like both... but my favorite wrestler is Brett Hart, he is amazing!" I answer, his eyes widen with shock.

"You like Bret Hart too? No way!" He exclaims, I laugh, "My biggest dream is to be a professional wrestler, do you?" He asks, scooting closer to me.

"Yeah, I've always wanted to do that too." I admit, he smiles.

"Ammy, you never cease to surprise me." he says, giving me a nickname.

"Ammy huh?" I ask, he smiles shyly.

"Yeah, it fits you." He says, I blush and smile, then I frown, "Hey, if you don't like it-" I cut him off.

"No, it's not that... it's just that... anytime I make friends, I always have to leave." I sigh, feeling a lone tear fall down my cheek.

His eyes widen with surprise, "You're moving?" I nod, "Where to?" He asks.

"To the dirt road country of Oklahoma." I answer sadly, "But, I've been secretly working nights and saving up money to run away as soon as possible." I say, his eyes widen as if he had an idea.

He takes out a scrap of paper from his pocket, "Can I borrow a pen?" I hand him a pen and he writes some numbers down. Then he gives the slip of paper, "That's my cell phone number, call me as soon as you come back." I nod, then pull him into a hug, he hugs back, "I never thought that a person I had just met, would turn into a best friend." he says.

*Jon P.O.V*

After I say that, she smiles. 'God, she's so beautiful... but she won't want to be with me, I make a mess of everything.' I think, we walk back to school before we get in trouble for ditching school.

As her dad pulls up in a moving truck, she gives me a death grip hug, I deliver the same grip, "Come back as soon as you can." I whisper in her ear, she nods. As they drive away, I start to wait... wait two whole years and finally graduating high school.

~Two Years Later~

I had finally started training for wrestling and living in my own place, I crash on the couch and turn on the tv and start flipping through channels, I stop when the news talks about a terrible tornado that took out most of Oklahoma, "Ammy." is the first thing that comes out of my mouth. That's when my cell rings, I see that it's a blocked number but I answer anyway, "Hello?"

"Is Jonathan Good there?" A raspy and panicked young women's voice calls.

"This is him, who is this calling?" I ask, the women begins to sob.

"Jon, it's me... it's Ammy..." My eyes widen.

"Are you alright, Ammy? I saw the news-" she cuts me off before I start asking a million questions.

"You can ask questions later, Jon! I need you to come get me, I'm at the train station." She says, I immediately head to the train station to go get her.