Chapter 8: Fear

*Amelia's P.O.V*

>2:45PM<

I wake in bed, feeling someone trace lightly on my back with their fingertips. 'Same old Jon.' I think, "How long was I out?" I ask, he chuckles.

"I let you sleep, but it's 2:45 in the afternoon." Jon says, I turn around to face him, "I watched you sleep."

I smirk, "How long have you been doing that?" I ask, he sighs.

"Ever since you came back to me." he answers, I feel my cheeks heat up, "I love watching you sleep, you look at peace when you do."

He pulls me closer to him, I snuggle into his chest, "Last night was..." I trail off.

"Different." I nod in agreement, he presses his forehead against mine, "So... what do you want to do today?" he asks.

"Let's go out today, I don't want to be in the house all day." I suggest, he smirks.

"Well, let's go." he carries me to the bathroom, knowing that getting ready was going to take a while...

I put on a 'TEEN TITANS' t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and some black converse. While Jon puts on some 'WRANGLERS', a grey t-shirt, and some black trainers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We drive into the city, heading over to the park. We do what normal couples do, holding hands and walking around, laughing and talking, "Let's sit in the shade." Jon says, I nod and we find a large tree to rest under it. He lays his back against it as I sit between his legs, then he slowly starts to play with my hair, "Great day to be at the park, huh?" he asks distractedly.

I smile and look up at the clear blue sky, "Yeah." I say, watching the Cinncinati Bridge.

Then I start picking at the grass, "I never got to ask you..." Jon trails off.

"Ask me what?" I say distractedly.

"What was your nightmare about?" he asks, I stop picking at the grass and I tense up.

"It started off with Liam, same old beating me up scene, then it slowly changed... to.." I say, Jon wraps his arms around me protectively.

"What did it change to?" he asks, I sigh.

"You..." I whisper, I feel him tense up.

*Jon's P.O.V*

"Me?...." I whisper, she puts her face in her hands. I pull them away, "Look at me, Ammy." I say, she looks at me. I gently press my hand against her cheek, she immediately leans into it and it makes me relax, then I gently press my lips against her, I pull away, "You know... that I wouldn't hurt you, right?" I ask, she nods.

"Jon, it's ok." She says as she turns around to face me, "It was just a dream." she assures me, I sigh.

I help her up, "You up for lunch at the mall?" I ask, she smirks.

"Yeah." I smirk, then I throw her over my shoulder, not caring that we were in public, "Hey! Put me down, Mox!!" she protests, making me laugh. Once we're by the car, I put her down.

She swats my arm playfully, "Ow." I say sarcastically, she giggles. Once we get in, I turn on the radio, hearing the rivisited verison of 'THE CHOICE IS YOURS' by Black Sheep, I chuckle and turn it up.

"You and this damn song." She rolls her eyes, I scoff.

"Says the person that listens to depressing music all the time." I sneer jokingly, she smiles.

"Hey, don't hate on my rock genre." She says, we park in the mall parking lot, giving her a kiss before we get out.

"Then don't hate on my music." I say, she sighs in defeat and we walk hand in hand into the mall.

We decide to get a pretzel, since we weren't that hungry anyway. As we share it, we walk around for a while. "Haven't had a pretzel in a while." she murmurs, I smirk.

"That's because," I wrap my arm around her waist, "we... don't get out much." I say, she frowns.

"And who's fault is that?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

I smirk, "Hey, it's not just my fault that we're lazy." I shrug, then I get that urge for a cigarette, "Baby, I'll be right back." I give her a kiss on the cheek and head outside, I light a cigarette, 'Man, what this girl does to me.' I think, taking a puff and blowing out smoke. Soon after, Amelia comes outside with me.

"Hey Jon?" She asks, I turn around to look at her. She wraps her arms around my neck, I take another puff from my cigarette before resting my hands on her hips, "You're not worried about it, right? The dream?" she asks, I press my lips against hers.

"Not really, it just makes me think that I hurt you." I answer, she chuckles and shakes her head.

"Jon, you're the only person who doesn't... it was just a long night, that's all." She assures me, I smirk.

I peck her lips, "Baby, I love you." she hugs me.

"I love you too, Mox." She says, I smile.