Chapter 24: Working Hard

*Amelia's P.O.V*

~A Few Days Later~

It's been rough since I had been allowed to go home, Jon and everyone has been helping me out. I try to sit up, wincing in pain due my healing ribs. "Hey... What's wrong?" Jon immediately sits up, since last week, his sleeping has gotten lighter.

I take a deep breath, "You must hate me." I grunt, resting against the wall.

"Why?" He asks, sitting up.

I check the scars on my arms, "I'm not as beautiful as I used to be." I sigh, he rolls his eyes.

"How many times do I have to tell you that you don't look that bad? The scars aren't even noticeable." He assures me, gently pecking me on the lips, then rests his head on my lap.

"I miss wrestling..." I sigh, he chuckles.

"To be honest, darlin'... The company I work with, I hate it. Even though, I'm just doing every show everywhere." I roll my eyes, knowing that he's right.

"Mox, you travel too much. I know that you're trying to be King of the goddamn indies but... Damn." I say, my southern drawl kicking in.

He scoffs, "Look at you, you're Queen." I feel my cheeks heat up.

"You know... You almost got there in 2006. You had pink hair back then.." I try my best not to laugh at the memory:

~Flashback~

I had been sitting in the bathtub for a while, not knowing what time Jon was going to be back. All of a sudden, Jon barges through the bathroom door, his ponytail hair... Is pink. I burst out laughing, "Mox! What the hell happened to your hair?" I cackle.

He rolls his eyes, "Don't you fucking start either, Amelia." He growls, he strips down and sits in the tub with me.

I sit with my back against his chest, "Was dying your hair pink planned at all?" I ask, looking up at him.

He sighs, "I look like a heffalump." He murmurs, I giggle.

"That doesn't change you, you just look weird. But.." I turn around and straddle him, "that doesn't change anything else." He smirks.

"True." He shrugs and presses his lips against mine, leading to a round in the bathtub...

~Flashback Ends~

"Hey, you got used to it pretty quick, every time we came home, I got lucky." I swat his arm playfully, "I got a TNA tryout soon, I think you do too." I nod.

"Yeah, what happens if you make it and I don't?" I ask, he looks up at me.

"They can't have one without the other, we're a package deal remember?" He says, I smile.

"Yeah, I remember. Now, do you want a haircut or do you want me to do it?" I ask, running my fingers through his long hair.

"Kamakaze USA asked me to join so I'm going to keep it long for a little while longer, but right now... I got Homicide to deal with in HWA." I sigh, I was also still in HWA but just the thought... Is exhausting.

"Don't start complaining when you get back pain." I shrug, he chuckles.

"Rest, Darlin' you need it." I roll my eyes and lay back down, almost immediately, I fall asleep.

*Jon's P.O.V*

I watch Amelia sleep, lightly tracing circles on her arms. I hear my message tone and grab my phone, Colby has text me.