Chapter Five

Rose

"Oh my goodness! Rose you look amazing with your new hair!" Grace squealed. I still wasn't used to her hugging me, but I was getting there.

"She looks good doesn't she?" Luke smirked. "Hey Rosie." I rolled my eyes

"Hey blondie." Mum nudged my side, smiling cheekily. I laughed, walking into the kitchen. The table was already set when I went to sit down.

Luke sat down next to me, a smirk still on his face. Mum wiggled her eyebrows at Luke causing the two of us to roll out eyes.

**

"That boy has a soft spot on you." Mum said as soon as the Hemmings left. I rolled my eyes, handing her a dirty dish.

"Nope."

"You're so blind, he likes you." She teased, poking my shoulder. I slapped her arm.

"Yeah, no."

"You can't tell me he's not a little bit attractive." She passed a clean plate to me which I dried.

"Maybe a tiny, tiny bit." I emphasized the word tiny so she would get that I didn't like Luke like that.

"Whatever, goodnight Rosie." I chuckled then pecked her cheek.

"Goodnight mum."

****

School was boring as hell. Luke and Grace weren't here today and I couldn't really be with their friends without them, it was just, awkward. I threw my bags into my old car then sped home.

I noticed Luke and Grace's car parked in their driveway causing me to raise a brow. Did goody two-shoes Grace Hemmings skip school? Luke probably thought he would be badass if he skipped.

I walked inside then rushed upstairs to my room where I sat in the window, I guess you could say that window chats were our thing now.

"Yo, blondie." Luke's head poked out from his curtains before he pulled them back.

"Oh, hey lilac. Miss me?" I rolled my eyes.

"In your dreams Lucas."

"That's not my name."

"Does it look like I care, Lucas?"

"No, I guess it doesn't, Roselyn."

"Don't call me that."

"Does it look like I care?" He mocked me.