Chapter Seven

Rose

"Okay since you know my middle name I have to know yours." I nudged his shoulder.

We laid in the field, side by side. I made a good decision to ditch work with Luke.

"Robert."

"Lucas Robert Hemmings. Has a nice ring to it."

"It's Luke not Lucas."

"Whatever, Lucas."

I closed my eyes as the wind started to blow really hard. Both of us were laying in a patch of lavender. I felt Luke intertwine his fingers with mine.

The weird thing was that I didn't want to pull away.

****

"You have the brightest hair." Luke smirked at me.

"Yeah? Well, you have the tightest jeans in town." I said with a smile. Luke pulled his hand away from mine and put it to his heart.

"I'm offended Rose." I laughed then stood up.

"Catch me." I said slowly then ran off. I kind of missed having my long hair fly behind me as I ran but at the same time I didn't.

I could hear Luke running behind me, his breathing heavy and his footsteps loud. I stopped running when I couldn't hear him anymore.

"Luke-" I screamed when someone grabbed me from behind. Luke's laughter filled my ears then he sat me down.

"What. The. Hell."

"You said catch you, I did."

"I didn't say scare the living shit out of me!"

"Well I'm sorry?" He said it like a question. I punched his shoulder.

"Let's go Lucas."

Luke ran up beside me, sliding his hand into mine. His hand was actually quite huge compared to mine. When we got to the car he opened the door for me. I jumped in, him running to the other side.

The sky was already starting to turn orange and pink when we got to our houses. I didn't expect my mum to be waiting for me when I got home.

"Where did you go?" She asked. I jumped, dropping my bag.

"Hey mum."

"Did you go out with the Hemmings boy?" She wiggles her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes then plopped onto the couch beside her.

"Do you want to know?" I asked, my voice dragging slightly at the end. Mum nodded fast.

"I was with Luke."

"Ooh, tell me everything hon." I rolled my eyes.

"He took me to a giant field."

"That's it?"

"Mum!"

"What? I was just asking if that's all you guys did." She rose he hands up in mock defense.

"We held hands." I mumbled.

"Really?!" She screeched. I laughed, walking up the stairs.

"Yep, I held hands with him mum."