Chapter Twenty-Seven

It has been three weeks since my mother's death. It took a toll on everyone. That night Luke chased me down, pulling me into his arms and letting me cry for a solid two hours until I sucked it up and went to the hospital.

There's only a month until graduation, a month until I leave. It was depressing to think about but I've basically been depressed since my mum was diagnosed. The funeral was last week, it rained. Luke went with me but I still felt empty.

I still do feel empty.

It was like there was nothing, like I was numb. I was desperate for someone to love me, Luke provided that, not my dad. I have been snuggled into my comforter for a few days, occasionally Luke would come in and snuggle with me and today was one of those days.

We sat on my living room couch, snuggled in the biggest, comfiest blanket in the house watching Divergent. Luke made me watch it with him since he hasn't seen it yet.

"I want to be abnegation." Luke randomly stated causing me to laugh. Of course he would pick the most boring.

"Why, lame ass." I teased, a ghost of a smile on my face. Luke rolled his eyes before poking my nose making me go cross eyed for a second.

"Because I would be honest all the time." He said proudly.

"That's candor, idiot." He gasped before laughing at his mistake. I leaned my head back onto his chest, wrapping my arms around his torso. He planted a kiss on the top of my head before focusing back on the movie, I looked up admiring his features.

It was hard to stay awake through the whole movie since I've seen it so many times, there was a few times that I fell asleep but waking up five minutes later hearing Luke cheer.

The movie was finally over causing me to do a fist pump mentally. I wiggled out of the blanket and Luke's tight grip before walking into the kitchen and grabbing a bag of the many cool ranch Doritos we had stored in the cabinets. Luke walked in and rolled his eyes when he noticed me stuffing my face with the Doritos.

"Why do you always eat those?" He half-groaned, reaching his hand out for a chip. I eyed his hand before hugging the Doritos bag to my chest, shaking my head. He jaw dropped before reaching for the chips once more, almost falling in the process.

I ran into the living room and up the stairs, making sure to keep the Doritos away from Luke at all costs. He chased me, his feet pounding up the stair case. I chuckled at how loud he could be before slipping into my room and sliding my body down the door, attempting to lock him out of the room.

I grinned successfully, putting a chip into my mouth and chewing it slowly. I was waiting for Luke to waltz in here and demand for a chip. He busted into the room causing me to almost fly into the wall. He noticed, ripping the bag out of my hands and grabbing a handful of Doritos for himself.

"Hey, those are mine!" I yelled, jumping on his back causing him to stumble and fall onto my bed, the Doritos bag flying across the room and all the Doritos flying out in the process as well.

"You asshole!" I yelled, playfully punching his arms. He laughed, stuffing the last chip into his mouth so I couldn't have it. Our laughed filled to empty house, echoing slightly.

"I love you." He said pecking my nose. I rolled my eyes before kissing his lips. Luke smirked into the kiss before lying my back onto the back trying to heat things up. I smirked as well before tangling my fingers into his hair, trying to get him riled up.He moaned into the kiss. I pulled away, poking his nose and crawling out from underneath him and starting to walk out the door.

"You owe me some Doritos, Lucas." I stated before waking out of the room, making sure to shake my butt slightly so I could piss him off just a little.

THE END OF FALL IS NEAR. There will be a sequel but I think this only has about three to four chapters in it left. Sorry, not really.