Chapter One {Edited}

To everyone I'm the girl with lilac colored hair, no one really knows me. I'm that one person that roams the halls with no one at my side, the one who's always looking at the ground, and I'm okay with that. There really wasn't a need for me to have friends, especially with all the gossip I hear around this school. There's one good thing about being known as a quiet person, people never think you're listening, when in reality, you're listening to everything. People normally try to talk to me, and if they have, I don't normally respond which causes them to give up.

Grace Hemmings is another story. The girl constantly made it her mission to either make me talk or annoy the living shit out of me. There isn't really a difference. Multiple times a day she will make some attempt to make me talk, she doesn't really know when to stop. But, I have to give the girl some praise, she's got some determination.

Looking around the crammed hall full of students, I shoved my way through. My locker sat behind a few boys I didn't really recognize. They all talked and laughed, ignoring me as if I wasn't there. Tapping my foot impatiently on the ground, I stared down the blond one, otherwise known as Luke Hemmings. I wasn't going to lie, he was pretty attractive but he had his reputation with girls around the school, trust me, I hear at least one girl each day talking about the oh-so-famous Luke Hemmings as if he was a God and we should worship the ground he walks on. 

''Hey, can you move?'' I questioned, my voice quiet as usual. They continued talking as if they didn't hear me, one of them shoved the other into my locker causing me to clench my fists that were by my side. I cleared my throat in an attempt to get them to look at me. Blondie looked up, smile on his face before making eye contact with me. A shiver made it's way up my spine but I ignored it, glaring into his eyes. ''I said can you please move.'' I stated confidently. 

Blondie just chuckled before tapping his friends' shoulders and shoving them away. ''Sorry, your highness.'' He smirked then walked away. I rolled my eyes, grabbing my math book and making my way to maths class. The hallway was mostly empty now, besides the usual late students that never seemed to give a shit. I hurried to class, arriving right before the bell rang. 

To my surprise, no one looked up from their notebooks as I looked for an empty seat. A sigh escaped my lips when I saw who the only empty seat was next to. I hesitantly sunk into my chair, neatly setting my books onto my desk as I looked at the board for our assignment. Much to my dismay, I felt a poke in my side. I looked up from my notebook, making eye contact with none other than Grace Hemmings. Her eyes were almost identical to her brother's which creeped me out just the slightest. 

''Hey Rose, saved you a seat.'' She smiled. Another thing about Grace was she always smiles. I've never seen her not smiling, whether it's fake or not. I always thought Grace and Luke were identical twins no matter how much I always saw them tell people they were fraternal. The only thing the two didn't really do the same was how they treated people. Grace was considered the nice girl, the peacemaker, her twin brother however was known as the lady's man or the popular guy. 

If there was one thing I did respect about Grace Hemmings was the way that she treated people. No one ever felt as if they were less around her, she made them feel as if they belonged. She had that effect on people, even me believe it or not. 

I ignored her, per usual, and continued jotting down notes although I already knew everything the teacher was talking about. Besides the occasional laugh the class was silent, including Grace which was pretty strange. I started to sketch in my notes, ironically the end result being a rose. I held back the urge to laugh at my own creation, looking around the class. 

When my eyes landed on Grace, I noticed she looked a little less happy than normal. Her smile was starting to falter as her eyes scanned the texts on her phone. For some unknown reason, I felt sorry for the normally bubbly blonde haired girl. Against my normal reactions toward Grace, I sighed which caused her to look up. ''Maths is pretty boring isn't it?'' I questioned in an attempt to take her mind off whatever was making her upset. I knew that if I was upset, I would want someone to take my mind off it.