Chapter Six

Rose

"Welcome to Jane's, how may
I help you?" I looked up and met blue eyes.

"Are you stalking me Lucas?" Luke chuckled.

"Nope. Grace wanted cookies. Two double chocolate and I want a sugar cookie." I rolled my eyes before grabbing the cookies.

"Six dollars." He pulled out his wallet then handed me the money, me giving him the cookies.

Jane's was actually surprisingly un-busy. It was boring as hell. Right before Luke left he turned, his eyes boring into mine.

"Are you bored?" He asked. I crossed my arms.

"What?"

"Are you bored?"

"Yeah, I guess so." I shrugged, wiping the extra cookie crumbs off of the counter. Luke smiled.

"Well then, ditch."

"Like ditch my job?"

"Mm."

"Lucas it doesn't work like that." He shrugged. I groaned, it was pretty boring here.

"Well, it does now. C'mon." I looked behind me, noticing no one then followed him outside. I took the apron off, stuffing it in my bag.

"Where are you taking me, Lucas?"

"I can't tell you. Roselyn Faith."

"How the hell do you know my middle name?!" Luke chuckled then opened the passenger door.

"Your mum told me." My eyes widened.

"Since when have you been talking to my mum?!" Luke laughed then ran to the other side and jumping into the car.

*****

I gaped at the sight in front of me. Flowers scattered the field, nothing for miles. I smiled at Luke.

"I love this!!" I yelled, then started running around the giant field. I could hear Luke's laughter as I ran around.

"I thought you would."