Chapter Twenty-Eight

Grace and I sat in my living room, a tub of ice cream between us. She sniffled, looking at me to see if I was crying, which I wasn't.

"How are you not bawling your eyes out?" She questioned, pausing to take a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth. I laughed.

"I'm kind of all cried out." I told her truthfully. She frowned, giving me a sympathetic look. I gave her a smile before averting me attention back to the movie.

My phone buzzed in my pocket but I ignored it. It buzzed again making me groan. I pulled it out of my pocket and laughed.

From: Lukie

Hwy bby.

From:Lukie

I luv yu

To:Lukie

Are you drunk??

From:Lukie

Mybe

To:Lukie

Smh where are you??

From:Lukie

The bar by asston's huse

I laughed loudly causing Grace to look at me funny. I showed her the texts that I just received from her brother. She rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"You know where this is right?" I asked her in hope since I had no idea where Ashton lived. She sighed loudly before nodding. I squealed and brought her into a hug.

I slipped on some boots and ran into my car, waiting for Grace. I looked down and almost gasped at my appearance. My purple and black pajama pants with a worn down Panic! shirt.

Grace hopped into the car looking like me. She had a nirvana shirt and some kind of weird happy face shorts, along with a really messy bun on her head. I laughed, causing her head to snap toward me.

"What are you laughing at?" She half joked. I giggled again before gesturing to her head. She looked in the mirror before shrugging and shoving my shoulders.

***

My eyebrows furrowed at the sight of the bar. I've only seen Luke drunk once and that wasn't a very good experience. I shook my head, ridding my mind of the stupid memory.

When Grace and I walked up to the entrance we saw a somewhat horny couple outside the door, groping each other. I rolled my eyes but when we got closer I heard Grace gasp.

"Ashton?" The couple pulled apart from each other, the girl whining but the boy's eyes widened. Grace took off, running past my car.

"Shit. Grace!" Ashton took off after her, stumbling slightly but almost easily catching up to her.

The girl scoffed, rushing back into the bar and I followed. I scrunched my nose at the strong smell of alcohol. I pushed past everyone, my eyes scanning the small crowd of people trying to find Luke.

I finally caught a glimpse of him at the bar, his head down. I smiled and made my way towards him until I tripped over someone's foot and falling into Luke.

He turned around ready to yell at me until he noticed it was me and smiled, pulling me into a bone crushing hug. I giggled, hugging him back just as hard.

"Rosie!" He yelled over the music, pecking me on the lips. I scrunched my nose up at the slight taste of alcohol but shook it off.

"Let's go home." I tugged on his hand, dragging him out of the over-crowded bar. To my surprise he didn't yank his hand out of my tight grip but just followed behind me like a lost puppy.

"Wait we have to find Ash, he came with me." His words came out in slight slurs but it didn't really affect me.

"Well, Grace is kind of dealing with him so we can just go home." He nodded, almost tripping over his own feet but catching himself, giggling.

I pushed him into the passenger seat, buckling his seat belt for him. Before I could shut the door he grabbed my hand and pulled me into his lap, kissing my lips hard. I kissed him back but pulled away just as he put his hand up my shirt.

"Luke, no. You're drunk and we're in my car." He shrugged but i rolled my eyes, shutting the car door and running to my side before jumping in and starting the car, not hesitating to speed out of this place.