Chapter Fourteen

I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Why the hell was I so..... mad? I screamed into my pillow, and before I knew it tears started streaming down my face.

Why did I have to start liking him? I knew it would end badly but I still went for it. I tugged at my hair and clenched my my teeth together in hope to stop crying. I didn't need to cry. But the voice in my head just kept yelling that I did.

I decided to skip work today, why? I have no idea, I just didn't want to. Luke consumed my mind.

Luke.

That son of a bitch. He caused this weird pain I felt. Why was I not okay with him sleeping with someone that wasn't me?

Wait, what?

Dammit! These thoughts were clouding my mind to where I couldn't think about anything else. So I did what other girls would do when dealing with heartbreak. Should I even call it that though?

I called Grace. She said her and Marlee would be over in less than two minutes and that made me happy. They cared about me. At least something good came out of this shit day.

"Oh my! Rose you look like a wreak!" Grace said as soon as she saw me. She had a bag in her hands and behind her Marlee was laughing like an idiot.

"Gee, thanks." I said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes then rushed over to the bed and lying down next to me, Marlee taking a seat in my sky chair on her phone doing God knows what.

Grace took her fingers and wiped away all the mascara, giving me a small smile afterwards. She held her finger up and pulled some ice cream out of the bag and I grinned at her.

"I thought this would cheer you up a little, it always helps me. Oh, and sorry about my idiot brother by the way." She rambled.

"It's okay, and thank you. No one has ever done this for me." She smiled and shoved the carton of ice cream into my hands.

"Now, let's have a much needed girly day."

****

I walked down the sidewalks of the park with my head down. After Grace and Marlee left I went for a walk, just to clear my mind. I probably looked like crap, I had no makeup and all I wore was a hoodie with some leggings.

I sat on the bench and groaned loudly. My eyes wandered to the park where kids were playing and laughing. I've always wanted a kid. I love kids so much, I was really sad when my mum told me I couldn't have a sibling.

"What are you doing her Rose?" I jumped at the voice. I met eyes with Calum, a member of the group I don't really talk to. I shrugged my shoulders and focused my attention back onto my hands where I started to pick at my nail polish.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, sliding into the bench beside me. I met his eyes and my eyes started to water. Shit, shit, shit! Why am I crying?!

"Luke." Then I did something surprising to both of us. I hugged him, crying into his chest. He awkwardly wrapped his hands around me and rubbed my back.

"This is stupid, I'm sorry Calum." I apologized, wiping my eyes. He gave me a sympathetic smile.

"No it's not. What did he do?" He asked. I met his eyes again, noticing real concern.

"He, uh, tried to sleep with someone else. Told you it was stupid."

"That's not stupid, Rose. Do you like him?" Obviously Calum!

"Um, yeah."

"Does he like you?"

"Probably not."

"See that, Rose, is where you are wrong my dear. Luke likes you, a lot. The boys and I have noticed that. He's never, ever, been like this with a girl before. I guess you could call him a man whore." I laughed a little then smiled at him.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Telling me that, listening to me."

"Don't mention it."

****

With Calum's words in my mind i determinately drove to the Hemmings' house. I had a plan, a plan I hoped would work. I hesitated before knocking on the oak door.

"Rose?" I met his eyes then kissed him. It took him a second to kiss back and when he did he grabbed my face and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

This is what I've been waiting for, what I've been wanting. I smiled into the kiss and pulled away, touching my forehead to his.

"I like you Luke Hemmings." He smiled and lifted me up, hugging me tightly. I laughed and buried my head into his shoulder.

"I like you too, Rose Winton. I'm sorry." I smiled even bigger and wrapped my legs around his torso. We were still hugging.

"It's okay, Lucas. But you know you're still an ass." He laughed.

"I'm still an ass."

"Rose?"

"Hmm?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I pulled away from the hug and looked into his blue eyes, connecting our lips together again. He laced our fingers together, his free hand touching my cheek.

"Yes."

>>>

I know it's short, but it's cute, right? A little bit of Cuteness never hurts! Haha!