Chapter Twenty-Three

Rose

I ruffled my new blonde hair in the mirror. I actually liked it this time. I smirked before pulling my phone out and taking a selfie.

To: Lukie

You like?? xx

Seconds later my phone buzzed and I laughed.

From: Lukie

Love xx

I smiled, tucking my phone back into my pocket. I walked back into the room seeing my dad pacing back and forth whilst mum slept. I tilted my head to the side before stepping in front of him.

"Dad?" I asked, he stopped and tensed when he saw me. His bottom lip quivered before he walked over to me and hugged me.

My stomach dropped and I knew something was wrong. My eyes flickered to my mum where she was asleep, her heart monitor very slow.

"Rose," he paused, swallowing the lump in his throat, his eyes flickering to where my mother laid. "it's not looking good. She wanted me to ask you to come to America with me. There's amazing colleges there and I'll even get you an apartment of your own." I shook my head.

"No, no. I can't." Tears started to fall from my eyes as he stared at me questioningly.

"Rose, you can't be here alone."

"No!" I yelled. He jumped slightly, taking a small step back while I tugged on my hair.

I can't leave Sydney. I've lived here all my life and I won't change that. All my friends are here. Luke's here. Grace, Marlee, Calum, Michael, Ashton. Mum.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I whispered shakily. I fell to my knees, putting my head in my hands.

"Rose? Hey." I heard Luke, he ran over to me, he fell beside me and pulled me into his chest. I sobbed, gripping his shirt.

I was having an anxiety attack. I haven't had one I those since I was little, and that scares me. I started to breath heavy.

"What happened?" He asked my dad as he stroked my hair. I wrapped my arms around Luke's neck as he held me. I didn't want to leave him, and my dad can't make me. I buried my head into his neck as my dad walked out of the room. Once my breathing got back to normal and the tears were gone I decided to answer for my dad.

"He wants me to go to America." I mumbled into his shoulder. I felt Luke tense up and I hugged him tighter.

"I'm not going anywhere." I smiled shakily before pecking his lips. He pulled me into his chest again and buried his face into my hair.

*-*-*-*

We decided to spend time together at Luke's house today, so I could get away from my mum and dad about the America thing. One thing that got me thinking hard was college. I honestly never thought about college to be honest.

I've always wanted to be like Perrie. Style people's hair, all that. Ever since I started to get my hair done its became my dream. It's kind of lame and my mum doesn't want me to do that I still want to.

We both laid on the couch as Pitch Perfect played on his tv. Our fingers were intertwined and our legs were tangled together. He ran his hands through my hair and occasionally kissed my head. I loved days like these, just Luke and I, my boyfriend and I.

"Rose?" Luke spoke up. His voice sounded serious but at the same time it was soft. I hummed in response, not taking my eyes off the tv.

"I want you to go to America." Those words made me freeze. I could hear him swallow hard, I turned to face him.