Some time for thinking "Ship Switch!" Raph x April Donnie x Mona

( What is a ship switch? I know someone's asking. It's part of an AU, as in alternate universe idea .Where the tmnt are mostly the same in 2012, (Remember it's not exactly like the show, only a few parts, so if the characters feel different that's part of it) Raph and Donnie later on choose each other's love interests.What if ....)
Even though it was difficult, Donnie tried to slowly break away from his crush, trying to do anything that would make him happy normally.But then he'd just see her everytime he made something new. His mind would go,'Hey April! Come see what I've..."then he'd catch himself remembering and stop.He'd look down, searching through his mind."I think of A-.... more than I realized...Wow...Is she really all I think about?"That wasn't bad, of course not! But then...what if it was? There were times he was more excited about April...Maybe he didn't notice his brothers wanted his help with something...once or twice...Maybe he did need a break...Seeing Raph and Mona didn't help much. Why couldn't he get happiness like that??Little did he know all was not as good as it looked.

Raph was having a good time showing Mona around, after she finally came to earth to visit.It was like a dream for him. Whether he'd admit it or not. Though he felt bad that she had to hide and to try to explain without making humans out too bad since...not all were. Casey was cool though sometimes the bone head did embarrass him, like the time Casey told Mona that her boyfriend was like putty around her and though Raph didn't mind that, he did mind that Casey said that.. But that's Jones for you. Sometimes annoying, but he wasn't too bad.Then there's April. Aside from when she was feeling stubborn or her and Donnie will they, won't they, she was okay too. She was their first human friend and she was with them from the start.It felt like everything was perfect... For the first month or so. After a while..it became the norm and though Raph wouldn't complain...now...well okay maybe he had a few...Sometimes it got tiresome with Bishop constantly keeping an eye to make sure Mona wasn't actually planning anything devious.Raph swore this kraang brain was just asking to be pummeled.Why was he so suspicious? Mona wouldn't do that...Well again. But we don't talk about that...Raph just wanted things to be perfect just him and Mona...It was just the two of them...It was perfect...Wait, why did that sound...sappy?Raph shook his head. He was just in his room thinking after he had woken up from the dream.Why did it feel like he was starting to act like Donnie when he's around April??Maybe now he knew how he felt...But a part of him didn't mind that. He just wanted Mona around! He didn't want to be alone. It wasn't the same now with all of them each having a close "girl friend", but at least his was definitely his girlfriend.He felt kinda proud about that.He kinda rubbed it in their faces....maybe a little.They wouldn't try to tease him again...What Raph didn't expect was for Mona to be so bossy and controlling. Being a lieutenant probably made her more like a leader. Sometimes he noticed she and Leo would talk about leadership qualities like this conversation once...

"Really? You've been a lieutenant since you were that young??"Leo was surprised to know that Mona had such strict training. It sounded more extreme than his.So they start learning combat from as young as, in human years, one month and up.

"Yes, from the hatchling stage, young ones are observed to learn who will be dominant leaders, who will be better as second in command and many other paths of life. As babies, they fight for the top position to strengthen their bodies. The weakest ones die out from exhaustion if the fights prolong for too long.We try to avoid that. Once they get tired, we give them another hour before separation to rest.Once they are old enough, they are put in cadet groups where they get practice and exposure to be more prepared for battle. I've been a lieutenant since I was in my earlier adolescent stage."Mona explained.
Raph felt a surge of rage and jealousy seeing these two getting along so well. He wanted Mona to himself!Wait...did she say she was a lieutenant since early adolescence? When was that? Wait, how old was she now? What is he talking about? He loves her! She's perfect! But he did feel a little strange realizing he never really asked her much about herself...He just wanted to be with her and find out if they could date...That's what they should be doing now!

Next thing Raph knew, he charged over and pulled Leo away from Mona before sitting next to her instead, giving Leo the death glare."Raph! Take it easy! "Leo looked at Raph in disbelief. He saw the look he was giving him.Leo knew better than to question it. He knew it must be the same thing that had happened to Mikey when he looked upset after Donnie hugged Renet once. Again, he wasn't going to question it, so he shook his head and dusted himself off, deciding to leave Raph alone. 

"Raphael! What is wrong?"Mona asked Raph, a little confused. She never saw him act like that towards his family before. Yes she saw him angry, but never look at them like that. A part of her liked seeing his fury, but then she stopped remembering this wasn't about that. He just interrupted her conversation with his brother!She didn't like how he just shoved in like that. Sure she understood he might've wanted her company, but she was always with him before.