Newtralizer x Mona "a new beginning"

This one caught you off guard huh? Some fans like this pairing and I thought why not make a one shot? 

Ideas: After Newtralizer is spotted still causing havoc for the Utrom, some allies come to help and successfully subdue him. What happens when another Salamandrian like himself aids in watching him allow or resist redemption and what could come from this?

It had been months, since the last time the turtles or anyone had seen a certain large black and orange, vengeful salamandrian and no one saw it coming, when he suddenly appeared in the Earth Protection For that day. Ever since he had obtained his teleportation ability from his accident in the Kraang walker, he could go almost anywhere he pleased and what he wanted, was to destroy anything Kraang like. It was obvious why he wanted to do this. He was taking revenge for the treatment that he had been given, but he was so caught up, he didn't care who got caught up along in it. Bishop held his own very well and kept up a charade of lone wolf long enough to dupe Newt into thinking he was all alone, or obly the human military was running to his aid, which he could easily overthrow. But when the turtles, Mutanimals and even a few of his own people had sneak attacked, he was knocked out and imprisoned. It was a hard debate on deciding if to end or send him away. He was given a second chance when Leather Head reminded how he had once had little to no tolerance for the Kraang as well and look at him now. 

While they were different individuals as some pointed out, others agreed that it was worth a try instead of simply thinking the Newt couldn't change. So, LH was one of those chosen to check in on him. He was one of the bulky and larger sizes individuals who might give Newts more of a challenge and slow him down, should he try to escape. Sometimes Mona took over, sometimes even Bishop, from the controls where he could see it all.  

Newtralizer could hear some of their conversation in the debate ...

"We could atleast give him one chance before putting an end to everything."

LH reminded them 

"He did have a bro bond with Slash once."

Mikey adds, nodding.

"Sure, it's gone now, but....maybe we can help the guy?"

"If its possible, then it'd be beneficial for having another ally."

Bishop reluctantly agrees, looking to the area Newtralizer was kept in.

They were going to try to help him? Oh yeah, like they could. 

His mind started to change when LH  began to talk about the Kraang. It was something they could relate to and he began to feel a bit less stressed.  Once LH had calmed him down, others could see how a possible ally could be made out of him. So this began a plan..

What if everyone who might relate and possibly help Newtralizer the most, spend some time first and show him that they don't need to be enemies?

After all, everytime they saw the guy, there was fighting. Sure he started it, but what would happen if they actually tried a truce?? It never happened before...

During his rehabilitation, Mona eventually got tired of some of the routine while being on Earth, dealing with humans and missed home and the battlefield even more with each fight. Sometimes she took her frustrations out on Raph, unintentionally, to which he tried to help her calm down about, but ofcourse, being yelled at doesn't feel good and before you know it, there's no than one yeller.  They decided that it was probably best to give each other some space before they did more they'd regret.

When it was her turn to check on Newtralizer,  she was reminded of why she liked to fight in the army and when she too was angry with the Kraang once.

She could see how angry he was and knew helping him wouldn't be easy. He was like this for a long time...  So she simply told him her own experiences with people she hated and what she did to feel better. When she finished, she asked him, 

"Why don't you rejoin the Salamandrians, your people? Wouldn't that be better than chasing after the Kraang, now long gone?"

He was silent and looked black as thunder, as if he would bite her head off.

"Yes, rejoin the same people who hate me and we know why."

"You could change that..."

There it was, once again. Why were they trying so hard why? 

Newtralizer turned away, glaring.

"Why? What if I want to stay this way? What if..what if I'm...better..."

He looked down, folded arms.

"How would you know unless you try something else and compare?"

Mona stared at his back, since he wouldn't turn around. She felt like if she didn't try to reach even further, he might slip away into some blackhole and then.. No.

She saw him turn slowly and eyed her from the side.

He had a silent stare for what felt like hours, but atleast the stare wasn't as cold and sharp...

It was...actually a bit softer, a bit confused, a bit willing to atleast think about it...

"Atleast try huh? How can I?"

Then Mona showed him some of the Utroms scurrying about on their daily work, how they made sure they were all safe. Even Bishop, though, a bit aggravating and uncaring at times, the way he held everything together was something Newts never saw the Kraang do. Why did they care? Why weren't they just using creatures or each other for experiments like they did to him??

It confused him greatly, but also peeked his curiosity.

He looked to Mona. Maybe...he could give this one attempt...

Over the course of a few months, LH noticed how the two seemed to have a new bond, instead of a destroy each other relationship. Sometimes they had a certain greeting, a handshake they shared, which eventually led to hugs. Mona was glad to see how he and Sal Commander began to get along after he joined, though he might've needed to see actual results from when Newtralizer talked to anyone, before going in next.

Thankfully, there was another side to the once vengeful guy. Things were starting to change...