Chapter 24

I tossed the t-shirt on the bed and walked back into my closet.  I heard a knock on my door.  "Yeah?" I shout from inside my closet.

I saw Mully's reflection as he entered my room.  "Whoa!  Dude, what happened?  It looks like a tornado threw up in here."

"Ha...ha.  I'm trying to find something to wear," I said, coming back out into my room.

"Aren't you just meeting her for coffee before she goes to class?"

"Yeah."

"So, stop over thinking this and wear a normal t-shirt and jeans.  Or shorts."

"You know I let my nerves prevent me from being basic, right?"

"Hence, why I'm telling you to calm the fuck down and wear regular clothes.  I can guarantee she isn't over thinking this."

"What makes you say that?"

"She has a class right after she meets you.  This is what?  A fifteen minute date?  If you even want to call it that.  I highly doubt she's dressing up to sit in a dreary class room for an hour or two or however long she's going to be in there.  I mean, I suppose I could be wrong but let's face it, I'm not."

Mully stood there with the most serious expression on his face before bursting into laughter. 

"You're insane!" I said.

"I'm not the one destroying his neat little room just to find the perfect outfit.  Niall, dude, listen to me.  I realize it's been a while since you've been on a date but overdoing it isn't going to get you anywhere.  Put on a simple t-shirt and shorts or pants, whichever is fine.  And just go."

I nodded my head.  "Okay, which t-shirt?"

Mully shrugged, "How about one of your band tees?  You both seem to like a lot of the same music, I'm sure she'd love it."

I nodded and smiled, "Good idea."                

"Duh," he said, being over dramatic for me.

After I finished throwing my clothes on, I looked at the mess I had made.  I was going to start cleaning it up but noticed the time.  I ran into the bathroom and attempted to do something with my hair.  I mentally cursed myself before leaving my room, knowing it was going to drive me crazy the entire day but I didn't have the time.  I didn't want to be late.

I drove to the little café she had texted me the name and address to.  It was part of the UCLA campus.  I started to get a bit anxious as I found a place to park and started walking towards the coffee shop.  I hoped no one would recognize me, otherwise, this little date wasn't going to happen the way I'd like it to.

As I got to the door, I tried to open it but it wouldn't open.  I peeked in and saw a bunch of people standing in line and sitting at the tables.  "Shit," I said as I backed up a bit, more nervous now.

I took my phone out of my pocket and called her.  It rang a couple of times before she answered, "Hello."

"Hey, Ophelia, it's Niall.  I wanted to let you know I was here...um...outside...can't seem to get in...also, wasn't sure if I should go on in or wait or what?"

"I'm walking there now, just wait outside.  You need to scan an ID card to get in.  Plus, I figured we could decide whether we want to sit or walk around based off the feeling you got."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it's morning and it can get pretty crowded. I'd hate for you to get recognized and then bombarded.  That would ruin the mood."  She laughed a little.