Chapter 78

Niall's POV

My doorbell rang and I went to answer it. Opening it, I saw the girl I knew I would spend my life with.

"Hey," I said, putting a smile on my face.

"Well, hello there, mister," Maggie said as she walked into my house. Taking her sunglasses off her eyes scanned the room. "I see nothing has changed."

"Almost," I whispered, as she walked into the living room to see Mully, Tomi and Tara sitting there.

When Tomi saw her, she said, "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"What?" I asked, nonchalantly.

"Ophelia was right, you ran right back to her as soon as the opportunity arose."

"You know what, Tomi, I don't have to listen to this. Ophelia didn't want to give me another chance, so why shouldn't the girl who actually does? Huh?"

"Because she's fucking scum, you asshole," Tomi said, venom in her tone.

"You don't have to be here, you know. This isn't your house," I spat at her. Seeing her these last two weeks without Ophelia had nearly killed me.

"She has every right to be here," Mully said, intervening.

He pulled me by the arm away from the people in the room. "Are you seriously doing this? Are you seriously going back to her?" He whispered.

"Yes, I am. Mully, look, I realize that maybe this might not be the best decision for me---"

"Ya think?!" He shouted.

"But, Ophelia doesn't want me. She barely even listened to me when she let me talk to her. In fact, she mostly screamed in my face. If she wanted to be with me, she would be."

"So you think going back to that bitch is the right choice?"

"I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life," I said, a certain sadness was laced in the words I had just spoken.

Mully's face softened. "I know you don't. But you do realize that being with Maggie means you will be alone for the rest of your life, right? She hasn't changed, Niall. You know she hasn't."

"Maybe not. But maybe she's willing to now?"

"Mully!" Tara yelled.

We both ran back into the room to see Tomi trying to hit Maggie, who was semi cowered against the wall.

"Tomi!" Mully yelled. He pulled her off Maggie and hauled her across the room.

Tara looked at us all before rolling her eyes and walking away, "I can't fucking watch this anymore, Niall. She's here five minutes and already there's chaos. I can't watch you destroy your life...again."

"And, I certainly don't have to watch you while my friend is still hurting for the shit you put her through," Tomi said, getting herself out of Mully's grip and walking off.

Mully started to follow her. Before leaving the room, he turned back towards us, "You're making a huge mistake, Niall. None of us, and I mean none of us, will watch you fuck up your life again for that bitch."

Before I could say anything, he too, disappeared from the room.

"Well, that wasn't quite the welcome back I thought I'd get but, then again, they aren't the ones who count. You are," Maggie said, turning to me and running her hands up my arms before bringing them around my neck.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her in. I looked at her as we stood there before she slowly got on her tip toes and brushed her lips against mine. The sensation that flowed through me, hadn't passed through my veins since I had last seen her at that wedding.