Chapter 25

Ophelia's POV

"So, how was your date last night?" I asked Tomi when she walked into work.

"It went pretty well.  I think I like him.  A lot."

"Yeah?  I'm glad.  He seems sweet."

"He is.  Very attentive."  She leaned in a little closer, "He kissed me."

"Yeah?  How was it?"

"Could use some work, but I think it was mostly from being nervous.  We're hanging out a bit after work tonight so maybe it won't be so weird.  I mean, first kisses can be weird, right?"

"Oh yeah.  I wouldn't be too worried about it."

"What about you?  Ready for your date with Niall later?"

I shrugged, "Yeah."

"That doesn't seem very enthusiastic," she said, as she grabbed some dirty glasses and began washing them.  "I thought you liked him?  And had a nice time yesterday?"

"I did have a nice time.  He's incredibly easy for me to talk to, which you know, for me, isn't easy.  I get too anxious.  But, you also know that I'm weird about night dates for the first couple of dates."

"Don't you dare cancel on him!" She nearly yelled at me.

"I'm not, I'm just anxious."

"But, you've gotten to know him a bit, from talking with him here and then the coffee you got yesterday."

"I know, and I get a good feeling about him.  I don't feel unsafe with him."

"And you shouldn't.  One lousy asshole can't shatter your entire perception of men.  Niall is a total sweetheart.  Also, you know what Mully told me last night?"  I looked at her.  "Niall is apparently a bit OCD, and in an effort to look good for you, nearly every single time he has come here or met you, he has obliterated his entire wardrobe.  Apparently, yesterday, he actually left his room a mess so he wouldn't be late.  Mully said he got home and immediately started cleaning up.  Somehow, as weird as it is, that's super endearing.  He left his room a mess....for you."

I laughed a little, "I don't even know how to react to that."

"React in the appropriate way and say 'awwww'," she said, dreamy expression on her face.

"Should I be worried about you and how much you seem to love Niall?"

"Of course not.  I'm just excited for you.  And for me."

"Speaking of which, what has happened to Jeremy?  I mean, I thought you two were talking again?"

"We are..err, were.  I don't know.  Mully asked me out and I've enjoyed chatting with him so I figured, why not?  And I really do think I like him, so, yeah, Jeremy, I guess, is out."

"Have you told him that?"

"Not yet.  But, I will."

"Uh huh."

"I will!  Eventually."  I gave her a look. "Let me make sure this little thing with Mully is more than a little thing, okay?"

"Please make that decision sooner rather than later.  I'm not getting stuck in the crossfire of that if I let Niall stick around."

"Okay, if things tonight go well, I'll call Jeremy tomorrow and tell him to fuck off.  Okay?"

"Okay."

"Anywho, let's not talk about me.  Let's talk about what you're going to wear tonight?  Did you bring it with you or going home and changing?  Is Niall picking you up?  Where are you two going?"