Chapter 49

Niall's POV

"There they are," I said as I saw Ophelia and Tomi walk out of the kitchen and into the bar. They both placed plates down in front of people. Ophelia continued to talk to them as Tomi grabbed some napkins and made her way towards us.

"Hey, guys," she said, as she reached our table.

"Hey, babe. I want you to meet Tara, a friend of ours. She's also Niall's PA," Mully said, lightly kissing her on the cheek.

"PA?"

"Personal Assistant," I said.

"Ohh, okay. Cool. Nice to meet you," she said, turning her attention to Tara.

"You as well. I've heard so much about you and Ophelia from these two."

"Oh, lord. Good or bad it's probably all true." She laughed a little. "She'll have something open for you shortly, Niall," she said, looking at me.

"Okay. Great. Thanks."

"But, I can still go on and get you a drink. What do you all want to sample tonight?"

"Just an Old Fashioned, for me, please," I said.

"Ohh, good choice. She actually makes a really fun version." Tomi pointed over her shoulder towards Ophelia.

"Oh, yeah? Awesome."

"And for you, Tara? Have you ever been here?"

"Umm, no, I haven't," she lied. I don't know if she felt she had to since technically the two of them were spying on me and Ophelia that time. "I've heard everything is good. Neither one of them shuts up about how good the drinks are, here. Food, too."

"Well, the drinks are all Ophelia. Here's a cocktail menu. I highly recommend the Tom's Tea, created by me."

"It's really good," I piped in. "Had it the other night."

"Aww, thanks Niall. No need to suck up too much, I already like you." Tomi winked at me when she said that. "Anyway, honestly, any drink here is going to be good because that hoe over there will make it bangin'. No matter what."

"Let me give this a quick look," Tara said, looking at the cocktail menu. "Mully, you go ahead and order."

"The Private Beach, please. Haven't tried that one."

"Also, delicious," I said, again. They looked at me. "What? Perks of dating the bartender," I grinned.

Tomi just jokingly rolled her eyes at me. Turning back to Tara, she asked, "Decide?"

"They all sound good."

"Want her to just whip up something? Surprise you?"

Tara looked up, "Yeah! That sounds fun. She won't be mad at me for that, will she? I don't want her to not like me. She seems to mean quite a bit to our Niall, here."

Tomi turned towards me a bit, "Yeah, well, she means a lot to me and her friends, too. We've all got her back. Don't know if you heard Tara but Ophelia has met some sleazy ones in recent months. Seems like maybe she finally got a good one." There was no joking in her voice; she meant every word which filled me with gratitude. Turning back to Tara, she said, "But, anyway, to answer your question, she actually loves it when she can be creative. Are there flavors you like? Or don't like?"

While Tara answered her question, I looked back over at the bar and saw Ophelia had started making some drinks. It looked like she had quite a few ticket orders in front of her. I looked around the restaurant and it seemed extra busy tonight. Kenneth was setting up his trivia table. There were quite a few people who looked to be waiting at the door. I hoped she would at least have the time to talk for a minute and officially meet Tara. I really think they would get along great.