Returning

21 BBY, Separatist ship/Republic Ship

All the droids were down. Smoke curled from a few that I stepped over. We awaited another wave of clankas, but there was none. Detta asked the little astromech about it.

"He says the ships frantically left while we were in the middle of the battle."

"Interesting..." I trailed. Why would the seppies leave?

"Well." Verity huffed. "Let's not just sit here...we have places to be."

***

We made it. Now in hyperspace, en route to Coruscant, the little blue kids had recovered...and now decided that they were going to ask us as many questions as physically possible.

"Why isn't your armor white?"

"Because we've seen battle." Picker sneered.

"Why are your guns different from each other's?"

"Because we aren't all the same." Breezer retorted. The oldest one walked up to Detta. She paid no attention to him as he stared at her for some time.

"Why are you purple?" He snapped

"Why are you blue?" She snapped right back. The kid stumbled backward and fell on his bottom.

"Why don't we go play a game?" Verity cheered. The smile was the fakest thing I had ever seen, but the kids seemed to believe it. "Can we go ANY faster, Rider?" He hissed through his teeth.

"Nope." We groaned. Though, Detta was quiet. She's normally very quiet, taking in her surroundings and processing them. Mulling over them. But...this is different. I walked over to her and took off my helmet.

"What's wrong, Detta?" I put a hand on her shoulder.

"I'd rather not talk about it, in front of the rest of the Runaways."

"That's alright." I gave her a reassuring smile. "I'll come by and see you at the Jedi Temple after I file some paperwork." Her eyes met mine, and I saw the fear and sadness in her eyes. I held out my arm for our secret handshake. We came up with it together when we went on that 'recon' to Ryloth. That was fun.