Lull of the day

*20 BBY, Zygerria*

Sorry but i'm posting another because i can and these filler chapters are boring

 The Queen was still on call. Urging a point.

"I have to go." She snapped, hanging up. "Sorry about that!"

"Nothing to be sorry for your majesty!" Detta reassured her, smiling warmly.

"Let's hurry and get some jewelry. I have some business to attend to." The queen clicked her teeth.

***

Jewelry was a matter of minutes. In and out.

"It will all be delivered to you tomorrow morning, as well as one for your handsome boy here." The Queen grabbed my arm and squeezed, running her claws gently down my bare back. Goosebumps ran down my arms.

"Thank you, your majesty." Detta seemed slightly miffed, but still kissed her on the cheek before we left. A different guard brought us back. It was almost time for a mid-day meal. "Can you send us some food?"

"Of course, ma'am."

"Thank you." Detta opened the door, and did not break eye contact with the guard until the door shut behind her. We all let out a collective sigh. "Are you all doing ok?" She asked us. We all nodded, though I had a sick feeling in my stomach. In the back of my mind, I knew Detta's falling for the queen wasn't fake. Would this ruin our mission?

A knock sounded on the door, and food was sent in. A note rested on top of the silver lid. It read: Send your slaves to help set up at the auction and dance.

"When?" Ranahan asked, picking through the food.

"In an hour." Detta told us as she read. "Are you guys going to be ok with this?" She looked at the other two. She didn't ask me? As if reading my mind, she looked at me. "You're staying."

"I'm ok with it." Ranahan smiled. "We'll be fine."

"Only a day left." Detta reassured us.