Resolve

Ryloth, 21 BBY

The outfit that was designed was comfortable. The tailor kept the same design as our blacks (fit-wise) but opened the back, virtually all the way. I'm sure it was designed like Detta's normal outfit. A golden belt hung around our waists, with four rectangular pieces of fabric. When the belt was put on, the rectangles covered the front, back, and both sides of our lower body. Gold and royal purple stitching were applied to all of the clothing items. There was an interesting headpiece. A royal purple mask covered from our nose to our chin, to hide the fact that we were clones. A black headband was tied around our head, and a sheer piece of fabric covered our eyes. We could still see, but it was another way to hide our identity. Golden jewelry was attached to our ears. You'd have to see it to believe it. I looked in the mirror.

"Impressive." I murmured to myself.

"Thank you!" The tailor replied to me as he wooshed past me. He was sweeping. He smiled warmly at me.

"What about shoes?"

"Here." The tailor handed me a pair of brown leather boots. The ties were intricate, but they fit well. I walked over to where Detta was changing behind a curtain.

"We're going on a supply run."

"Don't be long." I huffed at her response.

***

The supply run took much longer than expected. It was uneventful though. We didn't have many credits to spend, so we had to pick and choose wisely. When we got back to the ship, Detta was leaning against the side, wrapped in her robes. Her normal clothes were folded neatly beside our armor.

"It took you guys long enough."

"Sorry General, we had to spend wisely." Verity replied. The General made a 'makes sense' face and turned to walk inside the ship.

"How did you guys like being dressed as civilians? Well, more or less."

"Naked." Rider spat.

"I agree." Kittyhawk nodded at Rider. Crack-up began laughing discreetly.

"What's so funny?"

"I personally like these outfits. It attracts the ladies." Crack-up wriggled his brows.

"Pfffft, yeah right." Rider huffed.

"No, it did! I almost kissed 3 girls!" He stood up and held out three fingers. "THREE!" Ranahan smacked Crack-up on the head.

"I actually managed to kiss 2 girls." He had a smug smile on his face.

"Did not!"

"Did so! It must be my good looks."

"We all look the same." Rider ended their discussion. I turned to look at Detta, who was sitting beside me. She stared at the boys who scuffled about girls. As she shifted her head to look at me, her lekku waved for a moment.

"How many girls have you kissed?"

"None." I replied. "I don't often get the opportunity."

"That must suck." She chuckled. A smug smile remained splayed on her lips.

***

Hours later, when the sun had long set, I laid awake. I knew Detta was still awake. Sleeping wasn't really top of her list nowadays. I thought about it, the petty quarrel we had. I overreacted, she went too far. I sighed. Ugh. My judgment was impaired by the numerous shady drinks I'd had. Their labels had been ripped off, and could've been laced. But they were good. I sat up and looked at Detta's sleeping area. She wasn't there. She was out, sitting under the stars. I followed.

I walked out behind Detta, who was still curled in her robes, even though it was hot.

"D-" I didn't even finish her name, and she had her lightsaber ignited and pointed at me.

"Oh." She stared at me for a moment. "It's just you." She sheathed her saber and slid it under her robes. I caught a glimpse of skin. She tucked her robes closer.

"Just me." I replied.

"Just-" She inhaled deeply. "You."

"Listen-" I started.

"I'm sorry." We said simultaneously. We both laughed nervously.

"I'm sorry I made the comment."

"It's ok. I'm sorry I snapped back at you."

"Are we good?" She asked, looking up at me.

"Of course." I smiled warmly at her.

"I'm glad we figured this out."

"Me too. I was scared it would endanger the mission." I looked at her. She looked so tired. "I'm actually a little concerned." I told her.

"Really? About what?"

"You." I sat down beside her. "You don't look like you've been sleeping."

"If your family was enslaved and being whipped and worked to death, you wouldn't sleep either."