Return

*20 BBY, Ryloth/Coruscant*

 I slept better than I had in weeks. When I rolled over, Spitfire's hair was on my face. He groaned and rolled over, snoring very softly. He looked so peaceful in his sleep. He was my happiness, my rock. Especially after my siblings and my mother didn't make it. I hadn't seen them much since I was little, but there was still a hole in my heart.

***

It wasn't much longer after I woke up that Spitfire did. We ate briefly and took off for Coruscant. I prayed to any Gods out there that the Jedi Order would take me back. The Runaways didn't seem nervous at all. When we exited hyperspace above Coruscant, Spitfire leaned over and whispered: "You'll be ok."

***

We landed without incident. I felt the presence of the Force grow with every step I took closer to the Jedi Temple. Master Fisto was bounding down the steps, a wide smile on his face.

"Oh Detta, you're back!" He pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. "And my favorite clone force!" He smiled, clasping hands with my men.

"Am I allowed back in the temple?" I asked. What I really meant was: "Am I still a Jedi?" Master Fisto looked dumbfounded.

"Of course! We need you!" He led us back into the temple. "So, tell me everything."

***

We stood in front of the Jedi Council and told the story. We told them everything. Costumes, credits, etc. Well, not everything. We left out the fact that I had been taken over by the Dark Side and slaughtered people. They all seemed simultaneously amazed, angry, and confused at the story I told.

"As much as this behavior should be reprimanded, we cannot afford to lose another Jedi." Master Windu glared at me.

"A day for rest, you may take, but another mission awaits you tomorrow." Master Yoda smiled.