Good Enough

Ryloth, 21 BBY

I heard Detta leave the ship. Once I had shoved Crack-up's leg off of me, I looked out at what she was doing. She was talking to someone over a hologram. A Pantoran. The same one that met us after we rescued those Pantoran kids. I walked out, and as I began to get closer, the conversation reached my ears.

"Coria, you don't understand!"

"You're right, I don't, but I don't think this is the way to go about it!" The Pantoran shot back.

"It's not like I have a choice!"

"What if you get kicked from the order?" Coria's figure shifted in the hologram.

"I most likely will. If not for this, it will be for something else." Detta's eyes lifted slowly to meet mine. We held each other's eyes for a moment.

"Detta, I can't lose you the way I lost Ponds." Guilt washed over the General's face. That was still a fresh wound for Coria.

"I can't lose my family the way you lost Ponds." The Pantoran sighed deeply.

"Ok. Fine, I'll redirect Mace." She huffed. "Where should I lead him?"

"Somewhere far, where nothing good happens. Tatooine." Detta smiled warmly at Coria. "You're a good friend, Coria." The pantoran rubbed her eyes. She was frazzled.

"Stay safe."

"I will." Detta motioned for R-9 to shut off the hologram. She exhaled shakily and leaned against the little droid. "What am I going to do?"

"We'll do our best." I reassured her.

"What if our best isn't good enough, Spitfire." She snapped.