Nasty Argument

Ryloth, 21 BBY

(Sorry for short Chapters!)

Detta's cold gaze at me hurt my heart. As much as I hated to see her this angry and fearful, she was right.

"Life isn't always paintings and pretty designs." She growled. I was slightly taken aback at her remark. Detta was taking out her anger about the situation on me!

"Life isn't always about being angry and hating Anakin Skywalker!" I spat. Detta squinted at me and curled her lip.

"I don't have the energy for this right now." She sighed. She stalked past me, shoving my shoulder. I scoffed at her. How petty. I knew she wasn't really mad at me. At least I hoped. I leaned against the ship, savoring the cool metal against the back of my head.

"Dude! What happened?" Picker stared at the General as she stormed out of the ship.

"We got into a small argument."

"You two have never argued before."

"I know, Picker."

***

As the rest of the Runaways put on their new outfits, I stayed in the cockpit of the ship. The squabble Detta and I had earlier made me slightly angry. A soft knock on the wall broke my thoughts. Detta entered and stood behind me.

"If you're coming to apologize, you don't need to." I rolled my eyes and spun in the chair until my back was to her.

"Whatever." She snapped back at me.