Rampant Feelings

*Ryloth, 21 BBY*

Despite the alcohol on his breath, I knew Spitfire's concern was genuine. He always gets this pleading look in his pretty eyes when he's concerned.

"You're right Detta, but I'm still concerned. We leave in the morning, but you don't look ready to play your part." Spitfire looked at the sky. "Besides, you still need sleep because it's healthy and good for you."

"I know." I sighed.

"Also, drinking and no sleep doesn't help either." He side-eyed me.

"How'd you know I was drinking?"

"The bottle is right beside you" He pointed at it. "You don't normally drink."

"This isn't a normal situation. I thought it'd help."

"Well, I think we should both go back to the ship." Spitfire stood.

"Y'know, I didn't like it when we argued." I told him.

"Me neither."

"I- I have a confession." I choked out.

"Yes?" He responded quizzically. The way the stars lit up his face-

"I've always been attracted to you." I stood up and stalked over to him. I couldn't believe I was doing this. I stroked one of his tattoos with my thumb. He blushed, his eyes wide.

"De-Detta we can't-" He stuttered. My heart sank.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to go through with that." I turned away from him.

"No, General, let me finish." He grabbed my hand. I stopped dead in my tracks. "We can't do this with R-9 watching." Spitfire scratched the back of his neck nervously. R-9 chirped happily at us.

"R-9! Get back to the ship!" I chuckled nervously at the little black droid. He replied in a series of chirps and beeps that could only be taken as derogatory. "Go." I frowned at him. R-9 turned around and headed back to the ship.

"So." Spitfire rocked back on his heels.

"As I was saying..." My heart raced. We'd been working together for over a year, and we've never been separated. My true feelings have been hidden by a haze of rules. No attachments.

No attachments.

No attachments.

No attachments.