Getting closer

20 BBY, Zygerria

bleh, filler chapters :/ more excitement soon though :)

I finally found a dress. Well, Queen Briar did for me, but I still think it's beautiful nevertheless. I had the Queen try it on to see how it looked on her. She looked so stunning! I've never danced before, but I wanted nothing more than to dance with her. Queen Briar's smile made me smile just as wide. The fact that I had less than a full day to spend in the presence of the Queen was slightly disappointing, but I have a main goal. To save my family.

"Runo!" Briar yelled, snapping me from my mental tangent. "How is it?" My eyes traced her up and down. A long black dress with a long slit on the right leg. It was peppered with silver accents. Low cut, and strappy on the back. The sleek fabric clung to the Queen. I smiled at her.

"You look beautiful." I told her. Was it hot in here?

"Tailor? Sew this to Runo's measurements."

"Yes ma'am." The tailor measures me in record time and begins stitching.

"And now for the shoes!" The Queen grabbed my hand and dragged me to another part of the large closet. "Something silver, to go with the accents."

"Yes." I reluctantly agreed. I had to keep reminding myself that this was all fake, and that I was just here to get closer to my family.

***

Shoes were picked. They were virtually the same as my boots and straps, but they were silver. As the Queen picked out her own dress, she received a com call.

"Hold on dear, it's my husband." She rolled her eyes and ushered us away so that she could call in privacy. I walked over to where Spitfire still stood, his eyes pointed at the floor. Making sure no one could see, I grabbed his hand. It was warmer than normal.

"Spitfire, we're so close to my family." He shifted his eyes to look at me, as if asking to speak. I nodded.

"You're doing great." He assured me. "Your fake falling for the Queen is very convincing-" Dread coursed through me. 

"I'm nervous about the dance, Spitfire. I've never danced before."

"I'll teach you." Spitfire looked at me with his pretty brown eyes, and though I couldn't see his mouth, I could tell he was smiling because of the wrinkles around his eyes. "What? It's an art, I had to study it!"