New Mission

*20 BBY, Coruscant*

(I apologize for not posting this last night, I will post another one tonight.)

The new outfit was great! Virtually the same as my old one, but it fit better and had more details. Spitfire is the best. My favorite part was the chains. They didn't make hardly any noise, but they kept me grounded.

"Thank you, Spitfire."

"Of course."

"I feel like I don't tell you often enough how much I appreciate you." He blushed at my statement. "I mean it!"

"Thank you."

"You should really get some sleep. You look so tired."

"I am tired." He replied. 

"Go! We leave early in the morning."

"Can we go over the mission first?"

"Sure!" We sat on the bed together and leaned over the holopad.

"A...bodyguard service?"

"For Padme Amidala." I gritted my teeth. "They probably chose us because of what happened last time she got a Jedi protector."

"What happened?"

"You don't know? It was big talk around the Jedi Practice grounds a while back. I guess it must not have made it to Kamino." Spitfire shook his head. "Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala got married!" Spitfire's jaw dropped. "I also recently heard a rumor that she is pregnant." I whispered, though I was sure no one could hear. 

"With his kids?"

"Mhm."

"How is he not banished from the order?"

"RIGHT?!" I leaped from the bed, pacing. "Probably because he is some sort of 'chosen one' or something." Spitfire scoffed. "Anyway, enough about him."

"We can get more info tomorrow."

"Spitfire you sneaky clone!" I fake-gasped. We chuckled about that for a while.

"I suppose we should get some sleep." He stood, walking to the door.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight." He smiled, stepping outside of the door.

***

I woke up late in the night in a cold sweat. The memory of my family wouldn't let me sleep. I heard cries of pain. "Why didn't you save us?" Voices swam in my head. I tried to shut them out, but they wouldn't go. They wouldn't leave me alone.