Uneasy Feeling

*19 BBY, Kiros* 

Spitfire and I made our way back, admiring the stars. An uneasy feeling rested in the pit of my stomach. I didn't know why, but something was bothering me. Something that seemed inevitable. I shoved it away, moving my attention to Spitfire. He was going on and on about the art we passed on a street corner. As we stepped into the shadow of a tall building, he continued to talk.

"You are such a nerd!" I tipped up on my toes to kiss him. Mostly to shut him up. Or maybe not. I don't know. All thoughts melted away when I kissed him. He hadn't shaved in a while, so the five-o-clock shadow scratched my skin. I felt him smile against my lips. "Hm?" I asked, eyes still closed. I got no answer. I felt his hands on the small of my back. I ran my hands through his hair. I never got enough of this. He smelled of fresh earth and soap. I could still taste the alcohol on his lips.

"HEY!" A voice barked. "NO TOUCHING ON THE STREETS!" An old Togrutan man was scolding us. We ran, giggling.

***

We made it to camp, but Ranahan was the only one there.

"Where were you guys? Canoodling?"

"N-no? Where did you get that idea?" Spitfire sputtered. Ranahan simply chuckled.

"I canoodled with a Togrutan girl." Crack-up came rounding the corner.

"Did not!" Verity snapped. As I watched them banter, the uneasy feeling in my stomach grew.

"I'm going to take a walk." I told them. They acknowledged, then began to banter again.

***

I made it to a flat spot beside the trail I was on. I sat down, shivering. What was this feeling? A massive headache split down my skull. I felt hurt, pain, and suffering through the force. I heard a clone.

"Verity? Spitfire?" I didn't know what was happening, but I felt so sick. Something big was going on. The entire Runaway force surrounded me, blasters drawn. Rain began to fall from the sky, stinging my skin. I grabbed my blaster and set it to stun. "Guys, this isn't funny. Something is wrong."

They began to shoot at me.