Chapter 11- On The Run

We're in trouble. We need to go now and I don't want to wait around in advisory and hope he doesn't get out. London stops us again and tells us "guys you know we have to stay." Me and Nadia say "UGH" and say "we know omg" and she says "you know what we need to do." I say "I'm not staying in advisory though. 

Here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna tell our advisory teachers we going to the library and that just in case we don't make it back in time for the dismissal bell we'll take our stuff. After that we meet at the café again and we go to my car and skaddle. Got it?" We all agree and walk off to our advisories as the bell rings.

 I head into my class and immediately ask her "can I go to the library?" And she says "sure!" And I say "oh and i'm a picky reader *chuckles lightly* so I'm gonna take my stuff just in case I don't find anything I like and it takes the whole period." She says "ok that's fine!" And I walk out. I text nadia and London "ok I'm good how about yall?"

 And london texts back "I'm staying yall can go and just come pick me back up in the car line at 3:35." Nadia texts back "GIRL NO, first of all, we aren't coming back, second of all, he might find you." I text back while unlocking my car and hopping in "exactly. I'm at my car now yall come on, we don't have much time." And nadia texts back "I'm coming up the stairs to the café rn." And I text "ok great, london?" Nadia comes out the doors in front and runs over and opens the passenger door and gets in. 

She asks "anything from london?" And I show her the convo with my last sent message "ok great, london?" She frowns and says "ugh. We really can't leave her though." I say back "right. Imma call her." I press the top of the convo and it brings down a info tab. I click "info" and scroll down to the participants section of the group chat. 

I click London's name and then click "call" and her name shows up on my car's dashboard screen via Apple CarPlay. It starts ringing inside my car which is obnoxiously loud and after a few ring tones we hear lots of wind noise and London's voice panicked and saying "yall I'm running, he's chasing me!" Me and Nadia both look at each other with panicked looks and say at the same time "where are you?" And she says in a whisper voice " I'm hiding in the pottery class rn hurry, I lost him in the café but that's not gonna hold him long." Me and nadia immediately think the same thing and look to our left.

 There's the pottery class building. We jump out. I press the power off button on my car as I jump out and grab my phone off the charger. The call switches to my phone and I say "we are on our way, we're parked just outside your building just stay silent" I press the hang up button as me and nadia are running and we finally stop at the building. We peer inside the café to see K lurking around the back of the kitchen and we continue forward and go inside the pottery building.

 We run down the hall to the pottery room and open the door. London out of no where behind a medium sized vase yells "stay away!" And throws a book at us. The book hits the floor and me and nadia both say "girl you'd be a goner if he was in here" and start laughing silently. London rolls her eyes and says "whatever come on we need to go." Nadia says "so now you wanna go?" And they start getting into it quietly when I finally tell them both "YALL SHUT UP. we still have to get out of here." and they both say "fine." 

We speed walk down the hall to the door we came in and walk out back to my car. As we getting in, we see K come out the doors. Me and London immediately duck and my arm hits the brake pedal and holds it down. Nadia unfortunately didn't even see him and as we whispering at her loudly "GET DOWN NADIA!" She says "yall stop playing. Get back up here." She reaches over and presses the start button before my hand can swat her's away and since my arms on the brake as well, my car starts up.

 She says "Phew chile it was hot in here." I yell at her not caring if he's over there anymore "HE'S RIGHT THERE. WHY'D YOU START THE CAR?" She looks over and her face goes pale. She says "Drive, DRIVE, DRIVE." I get back up on my seat and see him running over full speed now. I immediately put my car in reverse, take off the foot brake and stomp the gas pedal hard, foot filled with adrenaline forgetting basically how to press a gas pedal normally and safely. 

The car jerks back out of the parking space. I put it in drive, this time remembering how I'm supposed to press the pedal and press it normally but swiftly and we speed off. I notice him running backwards and across the front of the school. He's going to his car. London says in panic, finally getting back in her seat "he's going to his car, he's gonna chase us." I say "no he isn't." with a big grin. 

They both say "What do you mean? He can get in his car and take off towards us cause he knows the path we going." I say "true, true, but he needs a car for that." They stare in confusion and I go in my pocket and pull out his keys and show them a key. It's a Toyota key that has "4Runner" under the Toyota logo. I say "we're gonna be just fine guys." And they start laughing with me and we all high five each other.