Chapter 22- It's Never Safe.

We decide to come back to my house, and try to clean up the damage and mess. Alex wasn't here, and if he was, I was ready to fight this time and London was with me so she could call the police.

We pull into my driveway, and I get out of my Sonata, and lock it. I thank it for stepping up to the plate, and getting me out of here safely, while my Malibu just sat there dead, and useless. I'm gonna try and get it to the dealership so I can get a new key replacement. We walk inside and I stare at the destruction. What's left from earlier, still haunting me in my mind.

We clean up my place, and after we're finish, decide to reward ourselves by watching floptok. If you don't know what floptok is, you're uncultured. Look it up on YouTube. After about 30 minutes of that, we get bored and decide to go get my key replaced at the chevy dealer.

We get in my Malibu, and I try to start it. I put my key in the key fob slot and press the button to start it, and it cranks up with no fuss. I give the car a unimpressed look and say to myself "oh, so NOW you want to start up .. thanks so much ..". I decide to still go to the chevy dealer to have it checked out. I connect my phone to CarPlay, and go and turn on some Taylor Swift.

Me and London are both Swifties, so we both thrive off listening to Taylor 24/7. To be specific, I play Fearless (Taylor's Version), because I know it's my favorite album and favorite song, and it's not even on London's list of favorites at all. She gets annoyed when I play it too much, which is part of the reason why I play it so much.

I put in directions to the nearest Chevy dealer and we start driving there. Halfway there while listening to Red (Taylor's Version), my music pauses and I hear my ringtone ringing, and me and London look at the screen at the name and it reads "ken ." (yes I already took the heart emojis and all the sparkles out of his name) and I automatically click the decline button without any further thought.

London stays silent for a moment, then says "what happened to all the emojis in his name??" with a fake concerned look. I look at her trying not to laugh, and say "girl, shut it". We pull up at the Chevy dealer. I pull into one of the service bays and park the car. A guy in a uniform comes out of the building and I roll my window down, when he finally makes it over near my car.

He starts asking me questions about my car and what's going on. I tell him I just need a simple key replacement and he says "Okay, we can definitely get that done, it'll be about 30-45 minutes.". I say "Oh okay, great!" even though in my head I was so bewildered and not okay with it. 30-45 minutes to replace a key? I feel like that's a bit excessive, but who am I to tell these people how to do their job.

They take my Malibu into the service shop bay, and they tell me they'll call me when it's ready, so I can go off somewhere else and wait or simply just wait in the waiting room. Me and London decide to go over to the Toyota dealer to look at a RAV4 because i've really always wanted one. These dealers are all connected in a lot full of a Nissan, Cadillac, Toyota, and Chevy dealer all under one combined name.

I'm a huge car geek, so car dealerships are always SO fun for me. I'm not the type of car geek you'd expect though. I'm not into those "cool",  fast cars that all of the other straight men love such as Charger's, Aventadors', and Hellcats. To be particular, I hate those type of cars. I would rather have a Prius, RAV4, or even a Kia Soul.

We browse around the lot and I look at a few RAV4's and a few Prius' and used Prius C's. Eventually, a cute salesman comes out and sees that I've been browsing for awhile. He starts talking to me about pricing and different features  about the cars i'm looking at. This part is always the fun part. Hearing the salesman's tell me about the cars, when I already know pretty much everything there is about the car, because i'll spend about hours on YouTube watching reviews on that car. I know, it's not that healthy, mentally that I do this about everyday, but it's just my go-to comfort activity.

As we're still talking to the salesman, who's still oblivious that I'm just browsing around and not planning on buying anything, I see that Corolla. The one from Chick fil' a. Ken Parker's Corolla. He was in the dealership. I try to look away and pretend I don't see his car, and keep my eyes fixed away from the dealership. At this point, we need to leave right now. I start trying to break into the conversation to stop the salesman and tell him we have to go, but he keeps talking every time I try to say something.

Once I finally get to tell him we're leaving , he tells us to wait right there so he can run inside and grab his business card and bring it back out to us, so we can "call back and schedule a test drive". I'm so ready to just tell him that I'm not interested, but I play along and say "okay.. sure" to not be rude.

About 5 minutes later, I get a call from the chevy dealership about my car, so I tell London I'll be right back with the car. I go to the dealer, pay for the key replacement, and drive on back over to the Toyota dealer where I see London, the salesman, and Ken Parker. I immediately freeze up as I put my car in park when I see Ken P. I get out of my car, and say to London "we gotta go now sis.." and she reads my mind and goes to get into the car.

I get the salesman's dealership card from him, and start to walk to my car until Ken says out loud "you're not gonna say anything to me? whether you miss me, or still care about me..?". I ignore what he says but what he says next, makes me stop in my tracks as I'm about to open my car door.

"You know I love you right? Why won't you love me back?"