Chapter 18- On The Run. Again.

I grab my bag and run to the front door. I throw a vase at him while he’s running towards me to buy some time and he falls to the floor, screaming at me in pain. I grab my keys and open the front door and run out to my car, unlocking it and getting in. I throw my bag in the passenger seat and frantically press the start button. I hear nothing and keep pressing and see “No Remote Detected.” I say out loud “OMG, OMG, OMG….” I keep pressing the button while holding my key fob next to the button and see “Place Transmitter in Key Pocket To Start.” MY KEY IS DEAD. I lift my arm up and open the little compartment and put my key in the pocket thing that’s supposed to turn my car on regardless. It still says “No Remote Detected.” I groan and grab my bag and hop out the car and shut the door. I forget to lock my car but thankfully it auto locks. At least something works in it. I run to my old car or my brother’s car now technically. It’s an 2014 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T. The backstory behind this is, I got my license before my older brother cause he kept failing the test. I however, aced it first try so my parents went ahead and got me a car. When he finally passed his test my parents went and passed down my Sonata to him and got me a Malibu not only because he took mine, I had pretty good grades so my parents thought I deserved a new car so they bought me the Malibu. I told them I lost the key to it which was true, at the moment. I found it later on and never told them so I could always have access to it in case of “emergencies”. They went and got him another key for it and boom life continued. My brother was forced to go on the trip with my parents so he’s not gonna need his car. I use my old key that I have to it, hoping that it will work and press the start button. After a second of hoping and crossing my fingers secretly, I hear that familiar Hyundai startup tone and engine come to life. I say “YES!” out loud and immediately put it in drive and as I take my foot off the brake I hear a loud bang on the back. I turn around and see a bloody naked Alex, furious, and stumbling to make it over to my door and as he reaches the passenger door, I firmly press the gas pedal and my (yes, I’m still calling my baby, sonata,mine.) Sonata takes off with a good sounding rev. I say to no one in particular “that’s that 2.0T Turbo babyyyy ayyyy!” I finally reach the end of my neighborhood’s road to the intersection and feel accomplished. I park to the side and turn on my hazards so people know to go around. I finally pull my phone out, open the phone app, and immediately dial Nadia. It rings for awhile and I hear a groggy Nadia answer saying “mmmmmm?” I immediately respond back forgetting to give her sass for not waking up yet “ girl, Alex broke into my house and I caught him. Naked. In my parents room. With a picture of me on the bed in front of him….” I wait a second for a response for her but when she doesn’t respond I continue on “…with a hard on.” She immediately “OH MY GOSH WHA- OOOFMPH” I don’t even need to see her face to know she fell off her bed. I click the FaceTime button and when she finally accepts, I see her on the floor. I bust out laughing accidentally and say “oh my gosh I can’t, but yes he was in there. My car keys are dead so I had to take my old car.” She goes on about how creepy Alex is and how we got another case to report to the police now and I start saying “mhmm” not even listening.I set my phone down in the little compartment in front of the cup holders. I study the car behind me at the stop sign and look closer into the driver seat as the car looks familiar. I see a red-ish face and it finally clicks. Alex. I say out loud accidentally “OH CRAP-“ and take my car out of park and into drive and drive to the stop sign. I don’t even hear Nadia saying “what?… WHAT?… MARK WHAT IS GOING ON?” I finally pull out into traffic when it’s clear enough and say “Alex has a car and is chasing me. I’m trying to do three things at once at the moment sorry!” She says “OMG OKAY CALL ME WHEN YOU LOSE HIM I STILL HAVE YOU ADDED ON FIND MY SO I’LL KNOW WHERE YALL ARE” I say “okay girl” and hang up. I now focus back on the road and that car trailing me.