Chapter 24- I'm Alive, Right?

-2 Weeks Later-

I blink a few times, and my eyes are squinting due to the bright light. All I see is white. I panic for a second, thinking "Well, I finally made it up into heaven. No more worries." I start to smile until the room focuses and I realize this is a really bright hospital room. My smile fades as I start to realize, wow I'm sore, and my whole body feels like it hasn't been moved in years.

I try to set myself up straight, but it proves to be a more difficult task then I thought. I have a bunch of wires connected to me, and I grunt out of pain from my body. I see a man, with a woman next to him, immediately wake up from his sleep.

My dad.

It takes me a second to register his face, it's almost like something's different. He immediately gasps, like he can't believe what he's seeing, and another woman next to him finally wakes up, and looks at my dad, then to me and does the same.

My mom.

They immediately start crying and smiling and run over to me and start asking me stuff all at once. It's too early for this. I just woke up, y'all gotta stop it for a second and let me remember what's going on. I start it simple answering their basic questions, they call in the doctor, and they test me, and ask me if I remember anything about "the accident".

That's the thing. I don't know about any accident. At least, I don't think I don't. They keep asking me questions about a Malibu, which I remember is my car. They say it's wrecked which makes me shed a tear because my Malibu can't be wrecked.. that's my baby..my ride, you get the idea.

I'm still not remembering anything until my dad holds up his phone. He shows me a picture of the crash scene. I see my Malibu flipped over. I gasp, and see blood leaking out of it, blood stained glass around it, and I'm start crying because I realize.. that was me. I wrecked my Malibu.

I study the whole photo, and I can't look at it anymore. I tell my dad to put it away. He swipes left, and shows me a picture of the car that hit me, apparently and asks if I remember this car. A red Corolla. At first it doesn't hit me, but then I realize. Ken.