Chapter 25- I Guess I Should Get To Business..

It's a week later. It's been a drainer of a week. It's spent in the hospital room of course, but it's an information overload.

Apparently, Ken survived the crash.

The cops checked his phone at the scene, due to suspicion of distracted driving and they find the messages sent to me, left open. Apparently right after I blocked him, he was revealing that he was following me, and would have me back anyway possible and prove that he always loved me and could make it right.

After, they arrested him and then had him put in a holding cell. They don't know how apparently, but he snuck one of the blood stained shards of glass from my Malibu in his pocket from the accident, and used it to cut himself and ultimately commit suicide in his cell. Before he died, he left a note written in his own blood.

"Our blood combined will connect us forever. I'll see you on the other side, babe."

An officer showed me a picture of the whole scene, him lifeless, and the message next to him on the ground, and I felt as if I was in one of those Lifetime Thriller movies I'm obsessed with.

From the irony of it all, I had the urge to laugh, throw up, and cry at at the same. Just to be sure, I got out of bed swiftly and went to the bathroom and stood over the sink crying, waiting, trying to make sure I wasn't going to throw up.

My parents were honestly just tired, and feeling so many emotions all at once. They were glad I was okay, but extremely disgusted and annoyed with me. They didn't know I was gay, because they're homophobic, so as you can imagine, finding out that I've been screwing around with guys on the low, without them knowing, made them pretty infuriated.

However, with me on life support at the time, it was VERY hard be petty and scold your son on something he couldn't control when he could barely breathe on his own. It was clear there was still tension, however. They only asked me if I was feeling okay, and did the usual.

We didn't dare speak of Ken P. After they found out about our little history that dated back years, it looked like they saw a ghost and didn't say another word about him. I felt like my world had just crashed down, and I had no control over it because I wasn't even awake to see it happen. Thank goodness for that though, I probably wouldn't have been able to handle it.

I completely forgot. London. Through this all, she's probably worried sick. She might even think I'm dead, if nobody's updated her on me. I look around for my phone. I ask my parents where my phone is. My mother says "why do you need your phone? you shouldn't be allowed to have a phone anymore, after all the secrets you've been hiding.". I give her a blank look and say "....Mom. I need to tell London, okay? I paid for my phone. I pay my phone bill. I love you, but right now, I don't want to argue, it's important." She gives me a stunned look like she's ready to smack the taste out of my mouth, but my dad saves me by getting up and going across the room into a cabinet, grabbing a bag with stuff in it, and pulling out a phone.

It was a bag of my stuff, recovered from the accident and my car. The phone was mine. Crazy how I can't even remember my own phone. It still had blood stains on it. Guess the police couldn't even clean it up, I suppose. He brings me my phone and I thank him and he just nods his head and says to my mom " It's his phone, he paid for it, we have no right to keep him from checking in with his friends. That's all your doing, right?". I give him a "what else would I possibly do after waking up from a coma" look and say "Yes." because I know he thinks I might try to text some "secret boyfriend" , or do some... homosexual activities.

I get out of bed and go to the bathroom. I get a paper towel and wet it, and start wiping off my phone. I take my old case off and throw it away. I'll get another one soon. I take my blood stained screen protector off and throw it away. Couldn't save my screen protector or case, I guess. I walk back into the room and try to turn my phone on. It's dead, of course. I plug it into my dad's charger and decide to take a nap until it turns on.