Break

Part 13

You smile and nod and help her clean before she clocks out and head out for her break. You walk for a while before she pulls you into a cafe.

Devin - "Trust me you're gonna like the food here!"

You trust her and follow her to a table. You both sit and order your food and continue your chats while you wait. You know you've only just met her but she seems so free. So kind and she obviously has experience so why not get to know her and see what happens.

You eat and then head out walking to the local drag bar for a brunch. You're cheering on one of the girls and laughing as you tip them when she puts her arm around you. You look at her and she smiles but keeps her eyes on the queens. You finish the brunch and then she has to go back.

Y/n - "Hey I had fun umm we should exchange details."

She smiles and takes your phone putting in her number. She then hands it back before grabbing your face and kissing you before walking back into the shop.

You're so overwhelmed by what happened in such a small space of time but you're happy. A feeling you aren't familiar with at the moment so you cherish it. You're still not sure if the kiss was just a friendly one or she's actually interested in you but it was a good one so you're not complaining. You head back to Lous very slowly as you're slightly wary about what you're going to walk into until you feel an arm on your shoulder. You go to hit them but it's...

Y/n - "Ahh you scared me man."

She laughs.

Devin - "They gave me the rest of the day off and all I had in mind was you so I thought maybe I could show you my place."

You smile and kiss her cheek which makes her laugh. Her smile is so beautiful. She then grabs your arm and links it to hers and you both head back to her flat.

She opens the door and you're so fascinated by what you see. You walk around her apartment full of artwork and sculptures peering at them all.

You head into her room and see the walls covered in tapestries and decoration. As you're looking around her rings and crystals and books, she puts her arms around your waist from behind before turning to face you.

Devin - "So... what do you what to do now?"

Y/n - "Oo so many options."

She laughs and leaves you to put some music on her record player. You're looking through her records when she goes to grab the one your holding and your hands touch. You are frozen but try to play it cool and look away letting go and sitting on her bed looking through an art book that was there. She leaves and comes back with some shot glasses and a bottle of vodka and you look at her laughing.

Y/n - "Seriously it's still light."

Devin - "Hey... it's 5 o'clock somewhere come on."

You take the bottle and swig it and her eye widen.

Devin - "Okay then let's get fucked."

She turns up the music before pouring you both shots and you have deep chats about yourselves. She tells you about how she got into art and just everything about her. You can't help but stare at her. Her hair that covers her face as she looks at the art book, fiddling with her hands. She looks so strong and closed off on the outside but on the inside and in her eyes you know she's so much more than that. She's honestly beautiful.

She must have stopped what she was saying as she puts her hair behind her ear and looks up at you. Your eyes meet and she looks down at your lips inches apart from her and back up at your eyes. The connection is deep and with your faces inching closer when... she kisses you.