Fourth Year: The 1st.

{September 1st 1974}

"Before we start the school year, can I tell you something I haven't told anyone before?" I asked.

We were on the train to school for another year, I didn't know that this year was going to be my worst. But my most confident.

"Oh merlin, what has she done now?" Pandora asked, crossing her legs.

"Don't hate me, or think i'm weird. But i've been thinking this for a while, and I don't know what's wrong with me-"

"Reg, it's okay. You can tell me," Pandora said, standing up and sitting next to me. "I love you, no matter what."

"I think I was born wrong." I stuttered. My chest was high, my ears were ringing, my skin was pealing.

"What do you mean?" She asked, confusion taking over her face.

"I don't want to be a girl," I said. "No, i'm not a girl."

She didn't say anything.

"Im a boy. And I don't want to be a she. I want to be a he. And I want to be called Regulus," I spat, "Do you hate me?"

"What?" She said. "No, god no. Of course I don't hate you. I love you," She said quickly. "If you feel like a boy, you're a boy. There's nothing wrong with that."

"So you don't think i'm wrong?"

"Of course I don't think you're wrong. Im not you. You're you, and if you feel this way. I accept it," She smiled, she had sincere tears in her eyes. "I don't care whether you feel like you want to be a fox, I accept you." She said and she kissed my forehead.

"If I were going to be an animal, it wouldn't be a fox." I laughed.

********************************************
{October 1st 1974}

"An owl is very old fashioned of you, Reg." Sirius said, sitting next to me in the great hall. But instead of sitting normally, he sat on the table.

"Only way to get your attention," I said, looking at my textbook, "You seem to be with your friends more than me. Even at home, writing."

"Well, they are my friends," He spat. "If you've only chose to be pissed at me, what's the point of me coming?"

"I'm not pissed at you," I said, "I just want you to listen."

"I am listening." He said, leaning forward, propped up on both his elbows.

"My names Regulus," I said. "And i'm a boy."

"Regulus? Has a nice ring to it," He smiled, and joined me on the bench. "Proud of you."

"Thanks." I said, dipping my quill in ink.

"Do you need clothes?" He asked.

"No offence, but I despise the clothes you dress in." I said.

"Bit rude, I think they look good." He said.

"Pandora took me shopping. I told her on the train." I said.

"Oh, well that's good," Sirius said, looking at my notes. "Dragon scale."

"Thanks," I said. "Can you tell your friends?"

"Okay." He said.

From that day on, October 1st 1975, I was known as Regulus Arcturus Black. The youngest Black brother.