Fifth Year: Scraps.

"I left some of my sketches up there anyways." I said.

Me, Remus and Dorcas were all making our way up the astronomy tower to smoke. We usually did this for a couple hours a week. It's how we became so close as friends.

Once we arrived I tried to rush to where my notebook was, but Remus got there first. He picked it up and started going through it.

"Wow, Regulus. These are so good." He said, shocked.

I didn't want him to see them, not because I was insecure. But because he didn't know.

"Lupin, can I have them back?" I said, starting to panic.

He flipped another page, he saw. Meanwhile Dorcas, was minding her own business.

"Are those?- Oh my god," He said, and dropped the sketch book. I rushed over to get it. "Those are..."

"You weren't meant to see those," I said, struggling to pick them all up. "Those are private."

"I'm sorry, I just-" Remus took a breath. "You and him?"

"Yeah," I said. "It's a long story."

"Does you know, he know?" Remus said, very bluntly.

I shook my head. Dorcas made her way over, passing me and Remus a cigarette. Then lighting them for us.

Remus was the first person to know about me and James.

{Later that day}

"So you've liked him for a while then?" Remus whispered, we were studying in the library.

"I didn't know what it was to like someone," I whispered back. "But I couldn't stop thinking about him since the yule ball, and it drove me crazy."

"That's sweet." Remus smiled.

"How do you think Sirius would react?" I asked, flipping a page in my book.

"About his little brother and his best friend sneaking around? Hm," Remus said. "I honestly have no idea."

We sat in silence for another second.

"I think he'd be more pissed at James than you, to be honest." Remus shrugged.

"Really? I always thought he saw James more as a brother than me." I sighed, leaning my cheek on my hand.

"Regulus, your brother loves you so much," Remus said, softly. "I don't think you realise how much in fact."

"It just didn't feel like it, you know. When he left." I said.

"That place was killing him," Remus said. "And now he's out. You can get out too."

"You really think?"

"I really know," Remus smiled. "Tell me more about James then."