1

JENNIE

"OF COURSE I'M PISSED OFF, LISA! THAT OLD BASTARD YANG FAILED ME IN THE MATTER THAT I'M WORSE!" I clap my hands on the table "I'll kill him as soon as I see him at the university."

"I don't want to visit you in jail, or be friends with an inmate." She looks at me bored while mixing the milk with chocolate milk.

"Lalisa, did you understand what I said? He failed me and I will have to do it all over again. I want to cry about it."

"Jennie, why don't you ask them to review it then?" she stares at me and I take a deep breath, keeping silent "Jennie?"

"Because I would never win, considering my record of..."

"Of being a good student and a bad student, because now you're being a bad student." she gets up.

"Wow, Lisa, it's great to have your support. You don't know how happy I'm to know that I can count on you to make me happy."

"Sarcasm doesn't suit you and you have your other friends to do it." She shrugs and takes an apple.

"You're starting your new class today, right?"

"Yeah, I'm feeling a little nervous. Dancing is something I like, but teaching people seems difficult." she throws some chocolate in her backpack.

"You'll do fine, if you were me, I would probably want to kill people." I smile and she gives her typical smile.

"I'm glad I have a job so I don't have to listen to all the bullshit you say, Jen." She laughs and frowns.

"At least I amuse you." I cross my arms.

"If that's what you think..." she runs away before I throw my sneakers at her.

****************************************

I'm dragging myself to campus and cursing Yang all the way. I swear if I saw Yang in the middle of the street, I'd push him in front of a bus.

I walk into the cafeteria and smile to see Irene, Wendy, Yeri and Joy together. Finally, these bitches beat me to this damn place. I get the croissant and the cup of hot chocolate.

"What's up?" I say with the croissant in my mouth.

"The ice princess has arrived." Yeri smiles and rolls my eyes.

"Stop spreading that damn nickname, people are starting to learn!" I sit beside Irene who hugs me.

"Nini, did you get your schedule?" She squeezes my cheek.

"Yeah..." I remember the article "YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE TRAGEDY THAT HAPPENED!" they look at me like I'm crazy and the cafe people too. I just ignore them all.

"Jennie, it's too soon for you to be so dramatic." Wendy sighs.

"This time I'm not being dramatic, I swear!"

"What happened?" Irene looks at me worried.

"That old imbecile Yang failed me in creative writing and I'll have to take the course again. ALL AGAIN, IN THE MATTER THAT I'M TERRIBLE!" I throw myself on Joy's lap and let out a heavy sigh. "I'll kill him in the first class."

"You're kidding, right?" Wendy arches an eyebrow.

"I would like to be." I sit correctly on the sofa and rest my head on Irene's shoulder, when I'm about to complain again, Irene stirs and pushes me. I look in the same direction as her and see Kang Seulgi. "Now you deny me your affection just because your passion is here?"

"Shut up, it's not enough for everyone to think you and me have something." She says softly without taking her eyes off Seulgi who's smiling to the cashier. "She's so beautiful, I wanted to talk to her more."

"She's super sociable, why don't you try to be her friend?" Joy says.

"Joy!" Seulgi waves "Hi, girls! How are you?" We shook our head and Irene's cheeks are already red with embarrassment.

I squint as I see a rather elegant woman approach Seulgi and put her arm around Seulgi's waist. She whispers something in Seulgi's ear that looks at her confused.

I had never seen her before. Seulgi doesn't really date anyone, but I didn't think her standards were that high.

The woman wears a tight black dress but it marks her in the right places, a small v-neck and my gaze travels down to her legs. And... woah... beautiful legs! Her hair is down, with a slight wavy and her face's so distinguished, unique. It looks like a living work of art. She's wearing dark glasses and the most I can take in is that she wears red lipstick.

"You're drooling" I hear Yeri's voice and put my hand over my mouth just to hear her laugh.

"IDIOT!" I turn to her and realize that I screamed, everyone is watching us, even Seulgi and her date, and now I'm the one with red cheeks while Yeri continues to laugh. I close my eyes. Maybe it's just a dream.

"Bye, girls, see you later!" Seulgi's voice makes me shiver with frustration and I open my eyes again. The Aphrodite is gone and Seulgi is walking out the door.

"Did you see the same thing as I or I was delusional?" I smell my hot chocolate. Maybe someone put marijuana on it and I didn't notice.

"I'll never have a chance with Seulgi." Irene grumbles beside me.

"Don't be pessimistic, unnie." Joy always optimistic.

"Did you see who she was with? The woman looks like she's straight out of a modeling magazine." Yeri says still looking at the door "I've never seen someone so beautiful."

"She's magnificent! Now, I believe in love at first sight." I lean back on the sofa.

"Seulgi is beautiful, but not for that. There are more beautiful people." Wendy says and looks at Irene. Friendzone sucks, right? I think she would even have a chance if it wasn't for Seulgi.

"Let's move on" Irene says in a soft tone, but I know she's upset "I'm also going to take creative writing class, Nini, so you won't suffer so much, I'll help you."

"YOU'RE AN ANGEL, BAECHU!" I fill her cheek with kisses and Yeri makes a disgusted face, while Wendy shoots me and Joy starts to laugh.