next chapter pt. 4

it had been a couple days since christmas which they were enjoyed in seattle. he had plans on proposing but hadn't found the perfect moment. it was new years day and they were in LA with their familys and after 12 their parents offered to take care of the baby so they could go out.

"aww you got her new years pijamas!" smiled vinnie at his daughter. "happy first new years eve."

"tell your dad he looks great soph." smiled maria which her grand daughter on her lap. "so are you proposing tonight?"

it seemed like everyone minus y/n knew about his plan to propose. he asked for her parents blessing, everyone was waiting to know when he did it.

"talk louder." he said sarcastically.

"shes pumping upstairs, you think she can hear me?" they recently moved into a house, it was kind of like a present to eachother. the house was beautiful, they were really happy. though it was missing decoration and a couple details they were impressed with how far they came together. there was 6 rooms in the house, their own room, sophias room,  sophias play room, a music room, a game and tv room, and a guest bedroom.

it was crazy how the two started young and grew to this

"maybe, i just need to find time. i want it to be perfect." his mom interrupted by pinching him. "hey-"

"ugh! thats took forever." said y/n. "im gonna put these in the fridge. what needs to be perfect?"

his mind loaded for a second looking for an excuse. "um- you! i love your dress, you look beautiful."

"thanks? you saw me 30 minutes ago?" she questioned.

"i cant call you pretty?" he said.

"why is he nervous?" she asked maria. she knew vinnie too well.

"because hes worried sophie will miss you guys, but shes gonna have an awesome time with her grandparents and uncle." said maria. y/n reached out to grab sophia.

"should we just stay in with her?" she said. "i mean if it worries you a lot vin, we'll stay in."

"nope, you two deserve to go out." said maria.

"we go out a good amount?" said y/n. they actually did.

"but its new years! don't tie yourselves down to just staying home looking at the wall, nate and i are gonna have a couple friends here with reggie and his girlfriend can look over her too, don't you two worry." said maria. "you guys can go out and get plastered."