Chapter 3

The second I opened my eyes, I knew I was somewhere else. Somewhere else completely. I blinked a couple times and gasped loudly when I saw someone was hovering over me. It was the girl from before. The one I didn't recognize.

"Get up, come on," she said, her arms crossed. After I slowly sat up, I saw the girl's long purple-black hair, baggy ripped jeans, mint green turtleneck, and blue tube top. Her eyes were round and her lips were heart shaped. She was unreal. She was unbelievably gorgeous.

"Where am I?" I asked, as I stood up.

The girl sat down on her pink chair and waved a hand around in a flourish. "Welcome to my lab."

The room I was in was really nice and pretty. Everything was a neon colour, either purple, pink, or blue. There were LED lights everywhere, which was rare to even have. On top of a long pearl white desk that sat on the end of the room, there were 6 computer screens, a microscope, something robotic looking, and an aquarium. Everything about this room was so futuristic and technology savvy so I knew this girl definitely was an expert in that field.

"And you are..." I was in awe of this place but was still wary about why I was here and where everyone else was.

The girl flipped her hair over her shoulders and smiled. "Donatella Ryerson, and I would suggest you follow my instructions carefully."

I stopped breathing for a second. What on earth did she mean?

She gestured towards the screen in the middle. "Come on over here but don't touch anything. Tell me what this means."

I walked over and read the message that was displayed.

If in disguise, Seth erupts.

Follow a terrain.

Take yellow it helps me.

"Uh..."

"Can you really not solve it?" Donatella asked, a bit of annoyance flashed on her face.

"This makes absolutely no sense to me. Who's Seth? Why does... yellow help whoever wrote this and why is the grammar so messed up?"

"This is a clue, Clover."
Okay. How did she know my name?

"Nothing is going to be crystal clear right in front of you. To get answers, you need to decipher. I'm pretty good at that."

"So," I said. "You know what these three sentences are trying to tell you."

"Of course. In fact, I figured it out while you were still reading it and I'm the same age as you."

Enough. How does she know practically everything there is to know about me?

"Why don't you tell me then?" I squinted my eyes towards this mysterious girl. Not only did I not trust her, I wanted to know what this message meant. Maybe it was an important clue to find my friends and the remaining 2 keys.

Donatella dragged her mouse across the table and underlined a few letters of the clue. Or... a few words that had been surprisingly hidden all along.

If in disguise, Seth erupts.

Follow a terrain.

Take yellow it helps me.

"Find the water key with me," I read outloud, pausing to think about what it could mean. "With who? Who would have the key? I thought it was at Sandstone Beach..."

Donatella released her hand from her keyboard in satisfaction, after she copied the message and sent it away somewhere.

"Okay. Who are you really?" I whispered.

"A genius," she replied. "Plus, it wasn't hard. Especially when it was my master that wrote this."