Chapter 15

Lord Nicholas looked at us sternly. "Why do I hear talking?"

"Sorry. Master, I'll assist you in any way you need me to," Donatella spoke up, stepping in front of me.

"That's good. Thank you Donatella. For now, I just need my daughter to stand in front of my niece."

Niece? Oh.. Right. Daisy.

I grudgingly followed his instructions and stood in front of Daisy. I didn't want to meet her eye because of what happened last time, but Lord Nicholas placed his head on the back of my neck.

And my eye met Daisy's.

Ohmygosh. So dizzy.

I stumbled a bit and found myself beside Donatella, worry shone on her face.

"Follow me, Clover. I'm going to introduce you to The Cloaked," my father announced. My eyes widened as I quickly walked after him.

The Cloaked!? Why was I meeting them!?

We stopped in front of a door with a sign that read 'Meeting Room'. The door opened and I was led into the room. Inside was a group of cloaked elves. I couldn't even see one of their real faces. So spooky. This was like a horror movie except it was actually happening to me.

"Um. Why am I here?" I asked.

Lord Nicholas chuckled. "Clover, meet The Cloaked. These elves will help you as long as it follows my orders. Got it?"

"Yes, Master."

Oh no. Did I just call my father Master!?

He seemed to notice as well and he smiled a bit. "Good, good. Now, Donatella told me about your little adventure to find Alastair Clinton's lost discovery? How's it going?"

Uh...

"Great! We're... really making progress!" I answered, over excitedly.

"Show me what you've been working on whenever you're ready. Meanwhile, I'm going to need to send a group to go looking for the missing keys. Any idea as to where they might be?"

The earth and fire key are with Diego. The water key is apparently in a different dimension. And I have no clue about the air key.

But of course I didn't tell him any of this.

"No idea, Master."

"Hmm... well, let me know if anything comes up," he said, as he ushered me out the door. Donatella was outside waiting.

"Don't forget to report to me if you notice any funny business," my father concluded, waving us off.

"He's onto us." That was the first thing Donatella told me when we arrived back at her lab.

"How do you know?" wondered Zoey, as she and the others stepped out of the closet.

"We have to leave," Donatella continued, ignoring Zoey's question.

"What? What on earth for?" Bizaria cried out.

I shook my head. "We're not leaving. That's way too suspicious and it's so easy to track us down. Plus, I'm not leaving Daisy."

"I was going to suggest we bring Daisy but fine, suit yourself," Donatella sighed, sitting down on her chair. "We still need to do all this dimension research stuff secretly. He can't find out."

"I think I can help with that," a voice from behind me said. I spun around and stared into the most chocolate brown eyes I've ever seen.

"Axel?" exclaimed Parker.