The Assistant

"Come on, I want you to meet my new assistant." My dad said to me, interrupting me and what I was doing. "Do I have to?" I asked him with a deep sigh. "Yes." He replied. I knew he wouldn't rest until I met this new assistant of his, so I followed him out of my art room and downstairs to his office. After his last assistant retired he had been looking for someone younger to handle his finances. He need someone to do the paperwork while he helped his employees at the apple orchard. He lead the way into his office where a man was sitting at a smaller desk than my father's. Once he spotted us he stood up and we walked over to him. 

"Daniel, I want you to say hello to y/n." My dad said. "Hello, it's nice to finally meet you y/n. Your father had told me a lot about you. I'd very much liken to see your artwork someday if you don't mind." Daniel said as we shook hands. I got butterflies from how handsome he was and the way my name sounded in his voice. He was a little taller than me and he had the most beautiful big brown eyes I had ever seen. There was an accent to his words, but I wasn't sure what his accent exactly was. He was mostly clean shaven except for a cute mustache, I couldn't help but admire the beautiful shape of his face. Then I noticed what he was wearing. He had on blue colored dress pants, a white buttoned shirt, and a matching blue jacket. "It's nice to meet you too, Daniel. I'm actually painting today, but maybe you could come and see my artworks tomorrow?" I replied shyly. I felt like I was blushing and hoped neither him not my father had noticed. 

"Actually, tomorrow would be wonderful. We have far too much work to get finished today." He said, glancing at my dad. "I agree." My dad replied with a little laugh. While they got to work I went back upstairs to continue my painting that I had been working on. Later in the day my father asked what I thought of Daniel, I told him that I liked him. That I hoped he would be helpful to him and his business. The next day I got up early and had breakfast before going to my dad's office. I knocked on the door and waited to be told to come in. When I opened the door I saw Daniel seated at his desk. My heart skipped a beat when, and I felt myself blush. He was wearing a white shirt that was unbuttoned a little, and he was wearing suspenders. He looked very attractive and I felt so shy in that moment. "Oh, hello y/n. You're father is out in the orchard if you're looking for him." He said once he spotted me. The smile that was on his face made me feel warm inside. 

"Well... I was looking for you to show you my paintings." I said awkwardly. "Oh, yeah. I almost forgot you said I could look at them today." He replied in an excited way. He placed his pen down before walking over to me. I lead the way to my art studio where I did all of my painting, drawing, and crafting. Then I showed him all of the things I had made that I hadn't sold, and photographs of the ones that had been sold. "Wow! You're very talented. Once I save up some money I'll have to purchase one from you." He said with a smile. His words made me feel happy, especially since some people think my art is weird or strange. Most just buy the landscapes or flowers that I paint. But he seemed to like all of what I had painted. After a few months had passed he actually did purchase a painting of mine, and I gave him a discount. I didn't want him to spend his entire paycheck on me. 

Over those few months I had developed a crush on him, especially after getting to know him more. He was basically the kind of guy I had been dreaming about for most of my life. But I was way too shy to tell him how I feel because I didn't know of he felt the same way. Plus I noticed the way he had been looking and talking to one of orchard worker's sister. It hurt every time she was around and he was in the room with her. It made me feel invisible sometimes. Hearing her flirt with him made me feel deflated as well. So I always stayed away from them when we had business dinners and whatnot. I wasn't sure if anyone knew how I felt about him, but it almost seemed like it didn't really matter how I felt about him. After the last barbecue we had for the employees and their families I stopped visiting Daniel in my dad's office. I just couldn't handle seeing him and hear him talk about her. Not that he did talk about her, I guess I just assumed that he would eventually. 

I was in the middle of painting when there was a knock on my door. "Come in." I said, figuring it was my dad. When I turned around my heart skipped a beat and I got butterflies. It was Daniel, in his white shirt and suspenders. An outfit that had an effect over my emotions due to how attractive he looked in it. "Hi, I'm sorry if I'm intruding but... I miss you y/n. I miss talking to you while I work and I miss... seeing you... hugging you." He said as he walked into the room, closing the door behind him. I stood up, feeling guilty for avoiding him. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me in a comfortably tight hug. I closed my eyes as I breathed in his intoxicating scent. I was putty in his hands. His arms felt like home like they always had ever since our first hug months ago. When we broke the hug I looked at him and melted from the soft look in his eyes. 

"Daniel, I..." I started, but he cut me off. "Shh, I know how you feel about me and I feel the same way." He said in a whisper before closing the distance between us. When our lips met, my insides felt warm; it was like the warmth went all the way to my bones. I kissed him back shyly as I placed my hands on his chest, feeling his heart beat in sync with mine. When we broke the kiss I looked at him and blushes, hiding my blush by burying my face in his chest. He laughed softly as he wrapped his arms around me rubbed my back a little. "Do you think your father will mind if you and I start a relationship?" He asked me curiously, and I looked up at him. "I don't care what he'll think. I just wanna be with you." I said and he smiled at me before we kissed again. 

++++++++++++++++++

A/N: Thanks for reading! Remember to comment, vote, etc. :) <3