Yellow Sweater | Daniel Brühl - Part 2

A few weeks passed, and I felt happier than I could remember. Having Daniel around was amazing! He always knew how to make me smile, laugh, and feel safe. The two of us were sitting on the couch cuddling in a platonic way, although my crush on him made it a little less platonic I guess? We were watching tv, and just enjoying each other's company. That's when I realized he hadn't gotten any phone calls or texts from his girlfriend. The only calls he received were from his friends and family members. I wanted to ask him about it, but I didn't want to seem too nosey. So I decided to just ask how she was doing. "How has your girlfriend been? I forgot to ask before, I guess I was caught up on catching up on what you've been up to." I said, breaking the silence. 

"Oh... um... we actually broke up a couple of months ago." He replied with a slight laugh. I was surprised that they had broken up, especially since they seemed so happy together. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I said, and I wasn't lying about that. Even though I do have feelings for him, I still wanted him to be happy. "It's okay, we just sort of... grew apart I guess." He said, but there was something in the way he said it told me something else happened. But I decided not to press him on the matter. I wrapped my arms around him and snuggled into his side. He smiled and wrapped an arm around me, resting his head in top of mine. I felt so warm and fuzzy inside being there with him. I closed my eyes and breathed in his comforting scent before turning my attention back to the tv. He seemed like he was a little down, and I felt guilty for mentioning his ex girlfriend. So I tickled his side a little, which made him chuckle and smile. 

I laughed and smiled too; his smiles were so contagious. "Hey!" He said in a playful tone. "What?" I asked, acting like I didn't know what he was talking about. "Come here." He said as he started tickling me. I couldn't control my laughing, and I smiled to much my face hurt. After a few moments he eventually stopped and chuckled softly as he wrapped his arms around me. I snuggled into the hug, wrapping my arms around him as well. I wanted to tell him that I love him, but I knew I couldn't. At least not yet. I didn't want him to think I was taking advantage of the fact that he had broken up with his girlfriend. But I knew I couldn't wait too long. He would have people asking him out left and right once the break up is made public. After a while we started cooking dinner. I was excited to have tacos tonight, especially since I hadn't had any in a while. 

It was so fun being able to cook with him every evening. I was so use to cooking alone and being alone while my mom was at work. Now that I had him I didn't feel lonely anymore. The food was ready when I heard my mom's car pull into the drive way. When she came in she complemented us on the smell of the food before changing out of her work clothes. We ate together and talked about what we all did today. My mom told us a few of the funny things that had happened at work today. After we ate, Daniel and I cleaned up the kitchen. We washed the dishes together as well. "Hey." He said, catching my attention. "What?" I asked curiously as I looked over at him. He tapped my nose gently, leaving some soap suds on my nose. I laughed and smiled as I wiped the suds off. Then I did the same to him, which made him chuckle and smile as well. 

He wiped the suds off of his nose and we finished washing everything. My mom was taking a shower, so we went into my bedroom to handout a little. The three of us agreed to watching a movie once my mom was finished. He spotted his yellow sweater laying on my bed and smiled as we sat down. "Do you wear my sweater every night when you go to bed?" He asked softly. "Maybe." I replied shyly. "It's okay, I think it's cute that my clothes give you comfort. It hurts knowing that you're hurting. That's why I wanted to come and see you." He said in that same soft tone, and I melted from his words. "You're such a sweet and wonderful person, Daniel. I'm so glad I have you in my life." I said as I hugged him. "I'm glad that I have you in my life too, y/n. You're sweet, kind, and you have a good heart." He said before kissing my temple. 

I felt so warm and fuzzy inside from his words. He gently tighten his arms around me, which made me feel safe. It was so easy to feel safe in his strong arms. A few moments passed before my mom was finished with her shower. Daniel and I walked into the living room and picked out a movie to watch. My mom made popcorn for us and we watched a movie together. I was snuggled in Daniel's side. My mom didn't ask anything or look at us like we were a couple or anything, which made me feel good. She never was the kind of person to assume people were romantically involved. But I knew if my uncles were here they would. I pressed my thoughts to the back of my mind and enjoyed the movie as well as the company of the people that were with me. 

+++++++++++++++++

A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3