Earth & Fire

Kalos,

Coumarine City

The trip was a pleasant one, the monorail a smooth, and rather quick ride through the landscape separating the two sections of the city. Serena and Calem served as tour guides of sorts, pointing out the massive stretch of land that was apparently used by the Gym Leader, Ramos, where he kept his plethora of grass-type Pokémon and let them roam freely. Cassandra, of course, could relate; it was very much so like her Ranch back home, albeit with far less variety. It looked pleasant even from afar, at least before being blocked by a scene of thick forest and mountainside. It was then their conversation turned to talk of strategy for the Gym.

Being it was grass, the two adult Trainers were already confident in their Charizard's prowess, but their younger companions were a little less sure. Calem only had a Meowstic, Absol, and Quilladin, whereas Serena had a Braixen, Pancham, and Sylveon. The latter would have the advantage, but the former would have a bit more difficulty. Cassandra and Leon were happy to give advice as best they could, encouraging thinking outside the box and utilizing debuffs and stat raising moves to help overcome the lack of type advantages or to take greater use of them. Both young Trainers were grateful, and promised they'd win the badge. By then the monorail had arrived, though, and there they had to part ways; the two younger Trainers had a hotel already booked and needed to check in both there and with their parents. Promises to meet again were exchanged, and then the lovers were alone again once more.

"Man, they remind me so much of the good ol' days--back when it was me, Sonia, Raihan, and Nessa all traveling together," Leon chuckled, finding Cassandra's hands to slip his fingers between hers.

"Oh yeah, you four were all a little group, right? And Sonia was your first rival."

He nodded, "Yep! She taught me everything I knew about battling, too. Which is kinda ironic. After we fell out and she left, Raihan became my rival in the Challenge and in the Champion Cup, but you already know the rest."

"Yeeep. Almost by heart now," the redhead snickered. "It's good you had so many friends with you--it's definitely more fun to do a Challenge with them than not."

"Oh, true... you didn't have Silver until Kanto, if I remember right?"

"Yep, almost halfway through--met him back at Mt. Moon, and we just... talked and talked and we agreed to travel together and then we went to the Elite Four and he finally won! Then I brought him home for dinner and Mom never let him leave."

Leon laughed loudly, "I swear that's never not funny when you tell me! I love your mom literally just--adopted him."

"Hey, it helps that he didn't mind. He never knew his real mom, and well, when Giovanni is your dad... you kinda want some other options," she winced.

"Yeah, for sure... Funny, Raihan's a little the same--or well, not entirely, but my mom semi-adopted him after his passed away. Not like Silver or anything. Like he's not official family, but he's always welcome at our home, y'know? Mom gets mad when he skips a holiday."

"Ha! What a little stinker. I'm glad, though--everyone needs friends like that. People who welcome you like family every time," she hummed, swinging their hands slightly. "Aaah, but enough reminiscing--how about some grub and we get some sleep so we're ready for tomorrow?"

"Sounds good to me, although I don't see the Gym Battle taking too long, truth be told," he grinned.

"True--oooh, you know what? We should try out Mega Evolution--I wanna see how Chara ends up looking."