Chapter 20

Elmo and Julie were obviously nervous as they got out of Elmo's car. She didn't even wait for him to open the door for her.

From the looks of Jonathan San Jose, he's in a bad mood and she knows why.

" P--Pa, go--good evening po."

She tiptoed to kiss her father on his cheeks.

" Bakit ngayon lang kayo?"

" Good evening po Tito Jon."

Elmo trying to appear confident in front of Julie's father.

" Good evening. Bakit ngayon lang kayo?"

Jon replied in his very serious tone.

" Tito we---"

" Pa, inumaga na po kasi kami sa reception. We all slept the whole day and we decided to drive back to Manila at four in the afternoon and we got caught in traffic. Kasabay din po namin sina Maqui."

Julie explained.

" Julie, get inside now. Elmo, thank you for driving my daughter back home, safe. "

Jonathan gave Elmo the clue to leave now because he wanted to talk to his daughter.

" Nah Tito... Thank you for allowing me to be with Julie again---"

" Pa? Can Elmo stay for a while? We haven't had dinner yet. "

" It's okay bab---Julie. You need to rest na, nakakapagod ang byahe at traffic kanina. You should rest na."

"Tama si Elmo, Julie. And he can grab some food on his way home. Thank you Elmo."

" But Papa---"

" It's just okay, Julie. Hmm... Tito Jon, can I come back tomorrow?"

" Of course. Agahan mo, before seven in the morning basketball tayo. Tagal na di ko nagawa yun. Okay, see you tomorrow Elmo. "

Jonathan waved at Elmo and left.

" Baby, Sorry for Papa's behavior."

Julie said in her sad tone and hugged Elmo.

Elmo wrapped his arms around Julie too...kissing the top of her head.

" Hey, don't cry baby. Wala lang yun, it's not yet our real battle... You know I've done, we've done things that surely would make him mad even more. But like I said, we will face and get through this together. I love you, Julie Anne. I have to go na, get inside na baby. "

" I love you, Elmo. Mag drive thru kana lang muna... Papa kasi eh. "

" Yaan mo na. Now get inside na baka hinihintay ka na sa loob. "

" Okay... Please drive safely, baby. I love you. "

Julie said before she tiptoed to kiss Elmo on his lips.

" Uhmm. Sarap naman ng good bye kiss na yun. Haha. Don't worry, I'll be more careful at papakasalan pa kita. Now get inside na. I love you. "

They shared a passionate kiss once more before they untangled each other.

Julie walked her way to their house and before she twisted the door's knob she heard the gate click, she turned around and saw Elmo about to close it.

" Ingat ka, Elmo! "

Elmo just nodded his head and mouthed her I love you, waved his hand before he closed the door completely.

Just when she closed the door behind her, she heard her father speak.